Mystery Letter to Trustee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mystery Letter to Trustee

So I got a call from my attorney freaking out on me. Apparently "someone" wrote the trustee a letter saying I was bragging about going on a spending spree prior to filing. This is just not true.
    As some may recall I received an unexpected 14k child support back payment which I did spend - on food, clothes and necessary household items, as well as paying some of my way overdue bills.
    My lawyer asked me to account for the money which I did.

I am sure I know who this person is as there is only one person who knew what was going on that harbors ill will toward me. Can I sue them for slander?

I'm so pissed.

Oh, my!!! I'm assuming your "mystery" writer is grumpy about having to fork over the cash. As long as you have your documentation, you should be fine. I wouldn't be surprised if the trustee has seen nasty would not put a lot of weight in the letter knowing it came from a bitter ex. Hopefully you have a nice trustee.

I'm so sorry he had to add to your struggles. Don't worry about suing him. Lawsuits are more painful than they are worth. It's probably a fight he wants anyway. I'm sure you'll be fine. Just tell your attorney to not freak out and to do his job and fight for you.

When's your 341?
    12/2/09- Filed non-consumer Chp. 7
    1/11/10- 341 Hearing
    1/21/10- Confirmed No Asset
    3/12/10- Discharge date

Comment

Yeah - I guess he sees my trustee in court tomorrow anyway so he wants to put the issue to rest before the hearing.
      He just called me to say dont freak out, and whatever you do dont confront "suspect person"
      Oops too late - I already sent that nasty text.
      I'm so hot headed.

Anyway - maybe I'm worried needlessly. I cant be the only person with a nasty spiteful ex.Trustees must hear stuff like that all the time.

My 341 was set for 12/18 but my attorney is ouf of town so I'm waiting for a new date. I cant wait. I just want to get this show on the road already.

Comment

damn sorry to hear that! ex's can get ugly at some point. been there, done that just keep your head up
        9/22/2009 - officially filed chapter 7
        11/03/2009 - scheduled 341 - COMPLETED
        01/04/2010 - last day for objections
        01/11/2010 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

Comment

Unfortunately, you were not slandered.

I'd be more pissed at the trustee who takes into consideration an anonymous letter.

If I were you I'd take pride in knowing how much of an effect you still have on him.
          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

i don't know if you can sue him for slander. especially not if the trustee chooses to ignore him, which may very well be the case. these trustees weren't born yesterday. they have seen and heard it all. try not to worry. and don't think about suing, in my opinion it won't make your life any better. cool off and relax. and good luck!
            filed ch7 May 09
            341 june 09
            discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

Just remember, karma is a bi*ch. It'll come back and bite them in the butt.

Comment

Originally posted by lookingforward View Post
                Just remember, karma is a bi*ch. It'll come back and bite them in the butt.
                I agree! What a pain though. As long as you kept your receipts you'll be fine.
                4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
                5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
                7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
                7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

well I'm resting easier but this kind of just hangs over my head. My lawyer says my 341 is rescheduled to 1/8 so that adds a few weeks..though pacer still shows 12/18. If that doesnt change in pacer I'll still go myself if I have to, theres no way I'll not show, but thats another issue.
                  I cant imagine someone would give consideration to an anonymous letter, but
                  I guess if they throw out my ch 7 that 14k of child support brings my income to above means and then I'll be forced to go 13...but I can still do that right? if worse comes to worse I mean?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X