Notify Creditors of Reaffirmation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notify Creditors of Reaffirmation?

Hi again! I filed 5 days ago and it appears that the creditors are starting to find out. Discover and Chase have disabled my online access. Also, Bank of America, my 1st mortgage holder has removed my statements and account details from my online access. I can still see my balance and payment but all of the links lead me to an error message.

I am reaffirming with them and Honda as well. My question is, should I call them and let them know I am reaffirming to enable my access again, or will they not believe me? Not sure how to handle this. Thanks!
    Filed Ch 7 11/28/09 | 341 1/7/10 | Last Date for Objections 3/8/10 | Discharged 3/10/10

Because of the automatic stay I doubt they will even talk to you.

It's very common to lose online access to your accounts.
    Stopped Payings CC's: 8/14/2009 | Retained Attorney: 9/23/2009 | Filed CH 7: 12/7/2009 | 341 Meeting: 1/21/2010 - Complete | Discharged: 4/9/2010
    "One person pretends to be rich, yet has nothing; another pretends to be poor, yet has great wealth."

Comment

Thanks for the reply! I assume you are able to regain online access in the future? Also, at what point do they find out I am reaffirming?

Originally posted by LimpDisc View Post
      Because of the automatic stay I doubt they will even talk to you.

It's very common to lose online access to your accounts.
      Filed Ch 7 11/28/09 | 341 1/7/10 | Last Date for Objections 3/8/10 | Discharged 3/10/10

Comment

I lost all my online access as well. My understanding is that the things I am keeping like my HELOC and mortgage, I'll be able to access this information online again after the case is closed.
        Filed Ch7 10/14/09 - 341 11/23/09
        Last day for objections 1/22/2010
        Discharged!!! 1/25/2010
        Closed! 1/28/2010

Comment

Once your case is closed/discharged, if you reaffirm they will send statements and give online access again.

BTW- i spoke with Honda recently and they said they won't repo if you're current on the car; so there's the option not to reaffirm it..

Originally posted by DustinLH00 View Post
          Hi again! I filed 5 days ago and it appears that the creditors are starting to find out. Discover and Chase have disabled my online access. Also, Bank of America, my 1st mortgage holder has removed my statements and account details from my online access. I can still see my balance and payment but all of the links lead me to an error message.

I am reaffirming with them and Honda as well. My question is, should I call them and let them know I am reaffirming to enable my access again, or will they not believe me? Not sure how to handle this. Thanks!
          Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
          341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
          Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
          Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

You can contact the BK departments to inquire about revised payment processes. It's common for online access (and automatic payments) to be suspended. You will likely have to submit your payments via snail mail.
            *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

We continued to make our payments through our billpay site at our bank to those we reaffirmed with from the very beginning of filing to present. I still call and ask if they received the payment to make sure of it though. I did see that one of the reaffs wanted us to send the payment by money order or cashier's check to a different billing address though. I still keep it the way I always have paid which was my already setup billpay arrangements before I filed. To date, they have talked to me, and have received my payments. No secured creditor refused to talk to me. One of them didn't receive the reaff that we signed in order for them to file it with the courts so I called them about it without any problem. Nissan even said that I would be able to keep car and make payments without signing the reaff papers. I am wondering if the unsecured creditors would not talk to us instead of the secured creditors that we are reaffirming with. I did lose my online access with ALL creditors though. So I am wondering if billpay site at a bank is a way to keep paying on time without having to mail out a payment.
              Last edited by Michigan1951; 12-04-2009, 06:09 AM. Reason: added text.
              (first 341 10/14/09, cont'd 341 10/23/09) (12/14/09 last day to object) (341 Shows HELD w/tt report of no distribution 1/9/2010)
              :clapping Discharged 1/25/2010 Case Closed 3/11/2010:D

Comment

Thank you everyone for your replies!

@jribe I am too afraid to not reaffirm. I am hoping that by reaffirming, they will continue to report to my credit bureau and also I am wanting to not have them holding it over my head that they can take the car. although, i will admit the car is a year old next month and i have had several issues with it and the payment is high $502

@Michigan1951 I too pay my bills through my banks bill pay site and plan to continue that process. I hope that they won't request any different methods. Personally, I think that is rediculous, since they have been paid on time always via that method.

Comment

I have called and spoken w/Honda's bankruptcy department and they don't ask for a special payment method or even have it sent to a different address.
                  I also do as MichiganMan and call to make sure the payment was received.

The BK rep was very specific though, that as long as the car loan was current- Honda would not repo. They don't require a reaffirmation to keep the car. I mentioned the Ford case (i posted in another thread w/details) and he said that Honda's policy is different from places like Ford- and they will not take a car back unless it is 30 days or more past due.

Originally posted by DustinLH00 View Post
                  Thank you everyone for your replies!

@jribe I am too afraid to not reaffirm. I am hoping that by reaffirming, they will continue to report to my credit bureau and also I am wanting to not have them holding it over my head that they can take the car. although, i will admit the car is a year old next month and i have had several issues with it and the payment is high $502

@Michigan1951 I too pay my bills through my banks bill pay site and plan to continue that process. I hope that they won't request any different methods. Personally, I think that is rediculous, since they have been paid on time always via that method.
                  Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
                  341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
                  Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
                  Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X