Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lifting automatic stay to foreclose on several properties

Hello,

I live in Florida and I own three homes. I have filed for chapter 7 bankruptcy (in October) and have elected to surrender all three homes. All three homes are financed by the same bank.

My question is this ~ does the lender have to file a seperate petition to lift the automatic stay for each property in order to begin foreclosure on each? Or do they just need to file for one property, therefore allowing them to begin foreclosure on all three? They have filed the peition to lift the automatic stay, but the paperwork only mentioned one home. That was more than a week ago and I have not received anything else.

I have looked ALL over the internet and this website and could not find the answer. I have even asked my attorney and he was not 100% sure.

Thanks for any help!

JC

We have two homes, and both lenders filed ... but ours are with different lenders. Our trustee rejected the motion, so I am not sure if that was done just because we did not have our 341 yet or what. But after we had it he also rejected the home we live in's stay. It was within two days though so maybe he was reviewing still. Our atty told me we are no asset now.. but I am still waiting for my info for Pacer to be mailed so I can go look for myself.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X