should I change bank accounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should I change bank accounts

If I have made payments to creditors from my bank account through ach debit, should I change to another bank even if I do not owe any money to my original bank ?

Thank you for help

Once you file for bankruptcy, your creditors cannot try to take any money out of your account. This would be a violation of the automatic stay.
    You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

I have same question. I was paying my credit cards online but I stopped paying them. I did not file yet. Can they try to take money from my bank account without my permission?

Thanks
      Mike.
      Hope is in our way. After BK!

Comment

Originally posted by BrokeMike View Post
        I have same question. I was paying my credit cards online but I stopped paying them. I did not file yet. Can they try to take money from my bank account without my permission?

Thanks
        Mike.
        They would have to sue you and get a judgment first. If you are planning to file in the next several months, you probably will not get a judgment and get sued first if you just stopped paying your cards now. If you do get sued, then you can answer the summons and prolong the lawsuit and then file for bankruptcy.
        You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X