341 Bank Statement Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Bank Statement Question

Well, we filed on Nov. 6th and have our 341 meeting scheduled for this Monday and need to bring a bank statement with our balance on filing day.

As luck would have it, my bank statement covering the 6th won't be mailed by my bank until Monday. Should I go directly to my bank and ask for a printout of my balance on the 6th? Will this be enough or is the trustee interested on seeing your complete statement? Has this come up with anyone?

I just had my 341 this morning and I used a printout from my online access. They wanted to see the running balance so the trustee could see what was in the account on the day of filing. My statements don't have a running balance anyways so I had to pull a transaction history. I pulled the 30 days prior to filing and ended on the filing date.

She looked at it briefly and didn't object. She just said she wanted to see where the $ was going and ended the meeting.

Comment

If you don't have online access, you can obtain this information at your bank. I was missing a few statements I couldn't retrieve online and I had to pay $2 per page (the annoying costs of being bankrupt!). I'd definitely get this information prior to your 341. Your Trustee will want it.
      *Filed: September 23, 2009 *341: November 4, 2009 *Discharged: January 4, 2010 *Closed: January 20, 2010

Hakuna Matata...it means NO WORRIES!

Comment

So your most recent statement does not cover the filing date (Nov 6th)? If it doesn't, then your best option is to do a printout, as mentioned by cleanslate01, that covers 30 days to the filing date and covers the filing date.

In my opinion, it's even better, the trustee won't be able to see what's past the filing date (at least on paper trustee won't be able to see past filing date). If you will have a statement, you have to take it but if you don't and have to do a printout, maybe that's even better.
        Filed CH7 on Aug-06-2009 -- DONE!
        341 meeting on Oct-01-2009 -- DONE!
        Discharged on Nov-12-2009 -- DONE!
        Case Closed on Jun-15-2010 -- DONE!

Comment

Just though of this...

If the statement is already available and it's just that they won't mail it until Monday, then with most banks, you can call customer service and ask them to fax a copy of the statement to a branch, then you can go into that branch and pick it up.

Comment

I signed up for online banking and was able to download my current statement.

When we signed our papers on the 27th my lawyer (30 yrs exp) said he would likely file that day or the next. My balance was $50 then. Well I found out later he filed on the 6th and I now see that my balance that day was $387.

Hopefully the trustee doesn't make a big deal of it but if he does then we'll obviously accept whatever he decides since we just want this over if you know what I mean.

Thanks a million for the input.

Comment

Originally posted by Seenthelight View Post
              I signed up for online banking and was able to download my current statement.

When we signed our papers on the 27th my lawyer (30 yrs exp) said he would likely file that day or the next. My balance was $50 then. Well I found out later he filed on the 6th and I now see that my balance that day was $387.

Hopefully the trustee doesn't make a big deal of it but if he does then we'll obviously accept whatever he decides since we just want this over if you know what I mean.

Thanks a million for the input.
              Hopefully your lawyer exempted the $387...but no big deal, shouldn't be an issue if there are no other assets of major value. I have read horror stories of forum members filing then finding out their direct deposits hit the same day.

Comment

Many options...

Some banks now offer mini-statements right at the ATM which will be the last 30 days.

Other banks will allow you to download your bank statements right away online. I do this with both BB&T and Bank of America.

Inside the bank you should be able to get them to give you a running bank statement for any period that you ask for. When I was purchasing a house I needed a running statement for a particular calendar month not the normal 7th through the 6th type statement. My banker whipped it right up, signed the bottom of it and put a bank stamp on it.

Comment

Originally posted by dspii View Post
                  Hopefully your lawyer exempted the $387...but no big deal, shouldn't be an issue if there are no other assets of major value. I have read horror stories of forum members filing then finding out their direct deposits hit the same day.
                  Yep, that happened to us. Our lawyer asked 2 days before filing what our balance was and it was under a dollar and then something happen and we had to wait 2 days and during that time my direct deposit hit and the Trustee took it all at the 341 and made us pay it on the 1st (we asked for the 15th so it wouldn't conflict with our rent and he said "No, this is your creditors money" which he had the right to do. We asked for a 75/25 but the judge in our case has denied all exemptions to salary like this so were not likely to see any of the money back.
                  Filed: 10/2/2009; 341: 11/10/2009;
                  UST Files Motion to Dismiss: 11/24/2009 Our Attorney Files Response: 1/7/2010 UST withdraws objection; Discharge: 4/20/2010

Comment

Originally posted by LJoutWest View Post
                    Yep, that happened to us. Our lawyer asked 2 days before filing what our balance was and it was under a dollar and then something happen and we had to wait 2 days and during that time my direct deposit hit and the Trustee took it all at the 341 and made us pay it on the 1st (we asked for the 15th so it wouldn't conflict with our rent and he said "No, this is your creditors money" which he had the right to do. We asked for a 75/25 but the judge in our case has denied all exemptions to salary like this so were not likely to see any of the money back.
                    Wow, that is a horror story! Did you use federal exemptions?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X