64th day still no discharge.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

64th day still no discharge.

I know I know be patient. Everything else with my case was fast, my meeting was 21 days from my filing, all letters were like 1-2 days to me. No asset no problem case so I thought I would see the discharge papers on pacer on the 62nd day.

At least the last day to file a dischargeability complaint has passed. The actual discharge just makes it official. Hang in there.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Remember, at this time, not only the Holiday season, many people take time off, but there is a definite workload problem due to our current govmint getting us all out of our recession. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

It took 75 days for my discharge to happen, courts are extremely busy. Hang in there.

Comment

My guess it will take longer during the holidays. We have been falling into a recession since 2006 it just took a while, once the downward trend was started and we found out how horrible the loans were with people not having jobs to pay them.. lol... like anything would have helped after allowing those sort of loans and a house of cards economy for the past few decades.... anyhow, the point is that your should be past the discharge dated to object, so all you can do it wait, and maybe call the courts and just ask very nice how long it is taking right now.

Comment

It depends on your district. As you can see, So. Cal. is backed up. It took us 116 days to get our discharge in Orange County. I hear LA County is about 140 to 160.

The clerks are in overwhelm. I know it is hard to be patient (not one of my virtues either), but you are past the times for objections, so it will come!
            Filed Chapter 7: 7/3/09
            341 Hearing: 8/6/09 - Went Smoothly!
            Discharged: 11/30/2009
            Closed: 12/16/2009

Comment

I'm at 94 days and waiting in SoCal.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X