Is my discharge in danger now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is my discharge in danger now?

I hope it's not so bad but here's the situation. When I filed, I had two businesses, in 2009 there was zero income from first business and $7500 from the second.

However, in my docs everywhere, it says that I had only $4000 from my second business...

I think I made a mistake when filling out the paperwork. I am discharged but not closed yet. Now, when I will be filing this year's tax returns, will IRS send my tax returns to the trustee's office and he will see the difference?

It does not change my 6-month income but what do I do now?
    Filed CH7 on Aug-06-2009 -- DONE!
    341 meeting on Oct-01-2009 -- DONE!
    Discharged on Nov-12-2009 -- DONE!
    Case Closed on Jun-15-2010 -- DONE!

I would think you're probably okay. As far as I know the trustee won't look at this year's tax return. Are you Pro Se? If not call your attorney and just ask.
    4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
    5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
    7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
    7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

I'm not pro se but in many cases advice and information I was getting here was far more detailed than the one from my attorney. But I will make sure to contact him. Thanks!

Comment

Yes contact your attorney. The amount may be in-material... but if it pushed your disposable income during the "look back" period, it could be problematic.

The Trustee doesn't get your tax return, unless you provide a copy and send it to them.
        Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
        Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

since it doesn't change your 6-month income it probably doesn't matter. nothing to worry about, i think.
          filed ch7 May 09
          341 june 09
          discharged, closed Aug 09

Comment

justbroke, it does not change my 6-month is affected by it.

music12, that's what I thought but I have contacted the lawyer anyways just to be safe and will let you know what he says.

Thanks to both of you!

Comment

It's most likely a non-event. I f you are still concerned you could hold off filing you 09 return as far out as Oct 15th 2010 if you don't owe anything and fill out the extension forms. I would think your case would be closed by then.

Comment

Yes, maybe that's what I will need to do but I believe this year I have a balance due tax return, not like the last year...

Comment

If the extra income did not occur in the six month look back period, it should not affect anything.

The trustee does not get this year's return automatically.
                  You can't take a picture of this. It's already gone. ~~Nate, Six Feet Under

Comment

Well, I agree and hopefully that's what my attorney will say, I'll let you know.

Comment

I have talked to my attorney and he said that it should not be a problem as "if it does not affect the 6-month average income then we are not misleading the court".

When I said that I will probably file an extension to file my individual and business taxes, he said "well, I cannot advise anything on that, you should probably talk to a professional CPA [blah blah blah] but year..." I was usually pretty bad about "reading between the lines" but this time I got (I think)!

I guess I will be at peace with this and just file an extension to file taxes somewhere in october or 1-2 months after my case is clased whichever one is sooner...

Thanks to everyone!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X