Recent Experience in Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent Experience in Georgia

Has anyone had a 341 recently in Northern Georgia (Atlanta area). I have one coming up soon and was wondering what to expect?

This is more than a common question. So as not to be redundant, do a search and you will see, they are mostly quick, easy, and uneventful. Very few are "bloody" so to speak. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

We had our 341 in September and were discharged beginning of November. We were in the Northern district. I don't know all your details but we had a very uneventful 341 and were discharged with no problems. I was told by our Para-legal that there are good and bad trustees. We were lucky and got a very nice one. I would echo what everyone else says and that is to not worry. Just tell the truth and everything will be fine. The most difficult part of our BK was finding a place to park near the court house.

Comment

Mine was in Athens. It was quick easy and without event. My lawyer was very well prepared. He seemed to know the trustee and the trustee was saving his hard questions for those with screwy things in their petitions. For example; boat maintenance, golf club memberships, motorcycles, etc.

Comment

We just had our 341 in Rome Ga (Northern district) last Thursday (12/3). It was uneventful...they ask why you are filing, do you have any assets, is what you said on your petition true and accurate to the best of your knowledge. Basically a lot of yes and no answers. One they are done with your questions they ask if there are any creditors here for so and so. If none then you are done. You go out into the hall meet with your atty and they explain it will be 60 days then you will be discharged. That's it. We were in and out of the courtroom in 10 minutes but we were 1st on the docket for the 11 am session. The previous session ran over almost an hour. As far as parking they have built a parking deck, you go to 3rd ave off of Broad st and it takes you right into the parking deck. It's 1.00 per hour.
          Last edited by tedrow; 12-07-2009, 12:41 PM. Reason: wrong date
          Chapter 13 Convert to 7 ---- 10/7/09 - loss of income
          341 Meeting ----12/03/09
          Last day for objections --- 2/1/10
          Discharged ---- 02/3/10 Closed ---- 2/3/10

Comment

Thanks for the responses. It seems like it shouldn't be a big deal. I haven't been asked to bring bank statements so that must be a positive sign.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X