Good BK Lawyer in Inland Empire, California and Exemption Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good BK Lawyer in Inland Empire, California and Exemption Questions

Hi - I have been a lurker for quite some time. I just signed up to post this post. Thanks to everyone in advance who contributes to this board. I really appreciate your postings and have learned quite a bit.

Can anyone recommend a good lawyer in the Corona, Riverside, Murrieta, Temecula area? I would love to get a recommendation from someone on this board.

I would be filing Chapter 7 and I am over the Median income but pass the means test (mainly I believe as I am over $100,000 underwater on my house and have high child care expenses). I will be filing alone as all the debt (credit cards) and house (1st and 2nd) is in my name alone.

I also have a question. I purchased a car for $500 as the engine was blown. I put in a refurbished engine that I paid around $1800 for. The car's blue book shows around $7,000. Will the trustee use this for the current value or what I paid for it?

Thank you for your time.
    Over Median Chapter 7 Filed (No asset case) - 341 Held - Discharged & Closed Jan 2012

For the exemption, you use the current value of the car.

Comment

you would use the KBB for the car. Doesn't matter what you paid for it. Make sure you can cover that in your exemptions before you file.
      If you don't own a home- CA has a 20 (will 21k) exepmtion you can use.

I believe board rules actually prohibit naming any specific lawyers. Just call around and schedule meetings with some.

Pick one that is knowledgable and you like

Originally posted by OweTooMuch View Post
      Hi - I have been a lurker for quite some time. I just signed up to post this post. Thanks to everyone in advance who contributes to this board. I really appreciate your postings and have learned quite a bit.

Can anyone recommend a good lawyer in the Corona, Riverside, Murrieta, Temecula area? I would love to get a recommendation from someone on this board.

I would be filing Chapter 7 and I am over the Median income but pass the means test (mainly I believe as I am over $100,000 underwater on my house and have high child care expenses). I will be filing alone as all the debt (credit cards) and house (1st and 2nd) is in my name alone.

I also have a question. I purchased a car for $500 as the engine was blown. I put in a refurbished engine that I paid around $1800 for. The car's blue book shows around $7,000. Will the trustee use this for the current value or what I paid for it?

Thank you for your time.
      Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
      341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
      Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
      Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X