No announcement yet.

Hope this helps all ----- 3 Deadlines to Sweat Out after Your 341

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently, the UST was in the right time frame to file and I agree, over the median filers seem to get the notice of POA and looked at closer and that is fine with me. They have a job to do and unfortunately for those of us who file in good faith get put under the microscope. Unless the trustee finds a problem with our expenses, we should be okay. I'm tired of worrying about it, we were honest, didn't try to play the system, did not plan months in advance to work the system, so it is what it is and we'll get through it.
    Filed Ch 7: 11/2010 and 03/2011 and closed

Comment

Good info. When I read this I noticed that it says that the trustee has to file the statement stating you flunked or passed the means test within 14 days after the 341. Does that mean that the trustee can't object and force you to convert until AFTER the 341, or can they do that before it ever gets to the 341?

My example: under the median (due to SS) on the chapter 7, but according to schedule i - we are over. I'm trying to figure out if the trustee can do anything before the 341 or if that's the golden date.
      Jen
      "...and how is it that bankruptcy is considered an "easy" way out by some???"

Comment

Originally posted by mom2crazies View Post
        Good info. When I read this I noticed that it says that the trustee has to file the statement stating you flunked or passed the means test within 14 days after the 341. Does that mean that the trustee can't object and force you to convert until AFTER the 341, or can they do that before it ever gets to the 341?

My example: under the median (due to SS) on the chapter 7, but according to schedule i - we are over. I'm trying to figure out if the trustee can do anything before the 341 or if that's the golden date.
        The Trustee will not do anything about passing/flunking your Means Test until after the 341 hearing.

The Trustee then has 14 days to decide if he will file with the Court that your case is subject to dismissal because you did not pass the Means Test.
        Over Median Income - 10/04/10--Filed Pro Se Chap 7/ No Assets 11/10/10--341 Held 01/18/11-- No Distribution/No Funds 01/19/11--Not subject to dismissal under 521(i)(1) AND --Reaffirmation Hearing Held = APPROVED 02/10/11--Discharged

Comment

Ok today is day 62 including weekends and holidays from my 341. Is the 60 days up now ? Should I just be waiting for my discharge ?
          Chapter 7 - Filed 11/28/2010 <> 341 Meeting - Done 12/28/2010 <><> Report of No Distribution 12/28/2010 <><><> 60 Day Club <><><><>Discharged 3/1/2011<>>

Comment

Hi---BKHELP138---absolutely---so start checking PACER.

Comment

Originally posted by gman View Post
              The Trustee will not do anything about passing/flunking your Means Test until after the 341 hearing.

The Trustee then has 14 days to decide if he will file with the Court that your case is subject to dismissal because you did not pass the Means Test.
              I could be wrong but I thought the Trustee has 14 days to file a statement with the court as to whether or not you passed or flunked the Means Test and then 30 days from such filing to petition the Court to dismiss your case.

Comment

Day 66 Nothing on Pacer ...
                Chapter 7 - Filed 11/28/2010 <> 341 Meeting - Done 12/28/2010 <><> Report of No Distribution 12/28/2010 <><><> 60 Day Club <><><><>Discharged 3/1/2011<>>

Comment

Discharge of Debtor (Admin.) (Entered: 03/01/2011) Done done and done

Comment

Originally posted by BKIN2010 View Post
                    I could be wrong but I thought the Trustee has 14 days to file a statement with the court as to whether or not you passed or flunked the Means Test and then 30 days from such filing to petition the Court to dismiss your case.
                    HOw is this timeline changed, if at all, when the 341 is continued?

1st 341 was 1/24, continued. POA filed 2/2. Second 341 2/28, also continued. Is the 30 days counted from 2/2 or 2/28?

Comment

Good luck! I hope you sail throught it and get to start your life over again without debt crushing your soul!

Comment

day 11, reports "awaiting discharge" what does this mean...what do I have to worry about?
                        $90,000 CC/and taxes and made $32k last year, and passed the means test, and have -94 left on the forms...

Comment

Hi everyone, Getting ready to file bankruptcy tommorrow. Received a letter in the mail that I had a debt cancellation about 3 months ago and the paper work was sent to the IRS. Have not heard anything from the IRS but if I file chapter 7 would I still owe income on that credit card debt. I used a attorney from Houston in 2007 called Hinsley Law Firm and his service was going to help with the debt but after they ran through $3000 dollars in three years and nothing had been release except the about credit card I stopped the service due to the fact that it could go on and their was no end to it. I mean I looked at one of the bills and they billed $900 dollars for three hours and when I asked about it their was no explanation once they got your money up front there was no refund. Well I hope this turns out good I was a die hard to pay off bills but when the interest went up to 32 percent and no one wanted to work with me I have no choice. Thanks for everyones help and if you could give me some tip it would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

some great info on here!
                            Ch 7 filed 8/15/11 341 9/22/11 Discharge 11/28/11
                            The rebuilding begins

Comment

Does the date for a creditor to file a claim hold to the 60 days after the 341 hearing, even if the trustee requested an extension to further review the assets?

Comment

Thanks for the posts.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X