Debtor Education Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Debtor Education Service

Any idea on simple and FAST services? Obviously it looksl like doing it online is the way to go. Any favs? I have two in mind but I don't want to byas anyone's views. I might do one and my wife might do another if we dont' end up agreeing (that's probably how we got in this spot in the first place!) THen we'll post and let you know how it went.

I did both certifcates online, but I used two different organizations. For the discharge cert. I used cccsinc.org, they charge 50 and that would include you and your husband or just you. It was 50 easy questions.
    Filed : January 13th 2006

Discharged: April 17, 2006

Closed: May 1, 2006

Orchard Card (secured) $300.00
    Hooters $ 1000.00

Comment

Originally posted by Anassa613
      I did both certifcates online, but I used two different organizations. For the discharge cert. I used cccsinc.org, they charge 50 and that would include you and your husband or just you. It was 50 easy questions.
      I thought the discharge certifcate was only $35. I paid $50 for the pre-bankruptsy certifcate.
      My credit scores:
      Before Filing: Tr 496, Ex 496, Eq 507

Today: Tr 618 (+122), Ex 601 (+105), Eq 623 (+116)

Comment

Some attnys are requiring clients do these things in their offices. I noticed one attny we Consulted with was charging a kinda high sounding fee for the Pre Cert. I checked the name of the Pre Cert agency in the attny's info packet and then went to the Agency's website. That particular attny was charging $15 more than if we used that particular agency on our own.

Different agencies fees vary slightly as well.

Those are a couple reasons different people are paying different levels of fees.
        Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
        Discharged - 12/2006
        Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
        Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Originally posted by SinkingFast
          Some attnys are requiring clients do these things in their offices. I noticed one attny we Consulted with was charging a kinda high sounding fee for the Pre Cert. I checked the name of the Pre Cert agency in the attny's info packet and then went to the Agency's website. That particular attny was charging $15 more than if we used that particular agency on our own.

Different agencies fees vary slightly as well.

Those are a couple reasons different people are paying different levels of fees.
          Thanks, it's good to know there sre people out there who are willing to help. This is a wierd and strange process to me.
          My credit scores:
          Before Filing: Tr 496, Ex 496, Eq 507

Today: Tr 618 (+122), Ex 601 (+105), Eq 623 (+116)

Comment

I do consulting, so I can see how a nominal charge by an lawyer might be justified since they supply the computer, the connection, etc. On the other hand, it should probably just be a part of their business expense. It's not like they don't make a ton of $$ of the misfortune of others.

My wife has decided to do one and I will do another. I'll post on what we think of them.

Comment

That makes sense. The attny's facilities use, therefore a nominal fee assessed. Plus, the one we're gonna use will have his assistant peep in on us from time to time during the process both times. His way of "verifying" we're completing the process according to proceedure requirements.

I noticed from his paperwork packet, he's only charging $5 more per joint session than the fee we'd pay direct for one of us. We'll be getting joint sessions out of the deal for little more than the price of one. So we'll actually wind up saving money. I guess some attnys worked out deals with some of the approved agencies.
              Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
              Discharged - 12/2006
              Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
              Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

I did both with CCCSinc, they were $50 each, the mangement course was very informative and helpful, 30 questions, took about 1 hr for me, about budgeting and loan questions we all should know etc. not difficult at all.

Comment

I actually called a few. some offered discounts if we both did it with them (that doesn't sound write does it?) Anyhow, we gotta get it done. I see some of the horror stories here and i get worried. I hope we didn't forgt to list something, forget about some income, etc. Oh, i should post the credit counsel we used. They were in Tulare County. REALLY nice people

Comment

i used cccs online for the pre-filing certificate ($50) and recently used
                    hummingbird ( http://www.hbcce.org/ ) for the online debt management certificate ($19). i don't know how the other services work but with humminbird you take the course online and then get a affidavit which needs to be notarized and sent in with a money order and then they email (or mail) the certificate of completing the course. at least that is how it is supposed to work, I have not sent the affidavit in yet. but i went with them cause it will be about 25 bucks cheaper than others i researched.

Comment

That sounds like a lot of work. We used www.onlinebankruptcyschool.com and got used a coupon for $25 off - all took an hour or two and was very painless.

If anyone is interested I can find out what the coupon was, I dont have it right here. PM me or I'll post here later.

Comment

I happen to like the Dave Ramsey course from the sample video. When my number is up this is the one I probably will choose.

Comment

I had a couple of requests for the www.onlinebankruptcyschool.com coupon. Sorry it took me a bit, had to call my lawyer, I had lost it.

SPRING06 should be $15 off.
                          FAMILY25 should be $25 off!!!

I dont know how long they'll work, so use and abuse

Let me know if they work and helped out someone!

Comment

does the location matter or as long as it's a preferred vendor is that ok?

Comment

Go to http://www.allsolutionsnetwork.com/PM/PM45579/, from there you will find links to free bankruptcy forms, commonly asked questions, and a free bankruptcy manual.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X