No announcement yet.

Debtor Education Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone! Does anyone have a "coupon code" for startfreshtoday? We need the post filing/pre discharge course. Thought we paid for both the Pre-Filing and Pre-Discharge for their discounted package price; but, apparently we didn't When we go to check out, they ask for a "coupon code". We tried to google but found none. I called them and they couldn't give us one either. It's $49 for joint filing. Was hoping to save a few bucks ;) Any help would be much appreciated! TIA

Comment

Soon after filing, I got something in the mail from Sage Personal Finance about their debtor education course. I'm sure they sent it to all new filers. They wanted $35 for the course. Little did they know, I had already taken the debtor education course and it was only $9 (9DollarDebtEducation.com). I spent $5 on the pre-filing course (ConsumerBankruptcyCounseling.info), so the grand total for the two courses was $14.

Comment

That's great you were able to save so much! Wish we could've. Hopefully your post will help others in future.

Comment

I wish you could've too! I'm pretty sure I found out about those two companies from previous posts here, but in case anyone only reads the end of the thread, hopefully they'll see this and save some money. I hope these cheaper courses stay in business, because the prices some of the other companies charge are ridiculous! Although these required courses really should be free in the first place, since people are spending enough money to file, between attorney fees, filing fees, and whatever else they end up needing to pay for.

Comment

Thanks SadPanda!

Comment

Thanks for the Recommendations!

We used the 9DollarDebtEducation.com for our Debt Management certificate. We did this pre 341 meeting as requested by our attorney. Painless, the class information was pretty straightforward and the test was easy enough. Got the certs in a day or two. Pretty easy class with a very straight forward sign up process. Glad to have it out of the way.
              Filed Chapter 7, No-Asset; November 10, 2012.
              341 Meeting; December 12, 2012.
              Discharged; February 13, 2013.

Comment

Did the pre-discharge debtors ed with AcademyofFinancialLiteracy.com, it's now only 10.95 for single or joint case. All online, just do the timed reading of the online book and take the timed exam. Got my certificate in email next day. My wife had to register separately and then instead of paying again, click the fee waiver request link. Once they approved it (later the same day) it was the same process for her to complete. Very easy and it was on our lawyer's approved list.
                filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

pre bankruptcy what is the cheapest one and best out there? I am broke and any info would help. I am new here and I will look through the post now.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by catleg View Post
                    Did the pre-discharge debtors ed with AcademyofFinancialLiteracy.com, it's now only 10.95 for single or joint case. All online, just do the timed reading of the online book and take the timed exam. Got my certificate in email next day. My wife had to register separately and then instead of paying again, click the fee waiver request link. Once they approved it (later the same day) it was the same process for her to complete. Very easy and it was on our lawyer's approved list.
                    Can this be used in Ohio?

Comment

This looks great. How long ago did you use this?
                      Originally posted by SadPanda View Post
                      Soon after filing, I got something in the mail from Sage Personal Finance about their debtor education course. I'm sure they sent it to all new filers. They wanted $35 for the course. Little did they know, I had already taken the debtor education course and it was only $9 (9DollarDebtEducation.com). I spent $5 on the pre-filing course (ConsumerBankruptcyCounseling.info), so the grand total for the two courses was $14.

Comment

I just did the pre-BK credit counseling for $5 from consumerbankruptcycounseling.info

I was told it takes a few days to get a certificate but I had mine in my email the next day at 4am.

It's kind of annoying because they force you to spend a certain amount of time on each page, but it's really basic stuff so I imagine most people just twiddle their thumbs or watch youtube videos while they wait. You have to spend a minimum of 45 minutes total.

For $5, it's probably pretty hard to beat.
                        Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

For my post-filing debtor education, I used Dave Ramsey. It was $25. Had to watch a video for 2 1/2 hours and had to answer about 5 questions that would pop up, making sure you were actually watching. It wasn't hard and I actually learned some stuff.

Had certificate in my e-mail the same day.
                          Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

I did my pre-filing course with ccadvising. It cost $9.76 and was emailed me to the same day. It took about an hour and a half including the chat session. When my husband filed, he did his course in the attorney's office. We didn't even actually realize it was a course. It was very strange.

At his 341 hearing, the trustee told everyone she offered the Dave Ramsey post class for free, so he completed that.

My 341 hearing is in 2 weeks so I'll probably pick another cheap course since ccadvising does not offer the post filing course.

Comment

I also did my prefiling with ccadvising.com as well. I would recommend beadviser.com for the 2nd course, they are also $9.76 per person. Can't beat it!
                              Last edited by justbroke; 01-06-2017, 05:15 PM. Reason: moderator removed links.

Comment

bka please review the forum rules and do not post on old threads. This is your second of only two posts in 4 years and they both say the same thing. The last reply, before your post, is from 14 months in the past and does add provide any new value.
                                Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
                                Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X