How do creditors get your new cell phone #

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do creditors get your new cell phone #

Just wondering how creditors come up with a brand new cell number? Can your cell company give out your new number?

You would be surprised who gives you up or sells your information. Collectors are going to ask your family, children, co-workers or anyone else they talk to if they have your new phone number.

Add to that all of the idiots that post their entire life story (including their new cell number) on facebook and myspace.

Then, factor in all of those that sell your information, like from when you ordered that pizza and left your new cell number with them? Just how many times have you given out that shiny new number?

We have a phone number (an old phone number of ours) that we still use for everyone. No one, except very close friends and family, get the cell number, and they don't talk....

Silence is golden.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Skiptracers. They have amazing tools they use to hunt you down. I used to do it, it was kind of fun in a creepy way. Also, you wouldn't believe how many times we would call an old number and some family member or friend would hand out the new number. Especially bitter ex-wives, they love to give up that information.

I would suggest answering and telling them to quit calling that number, or send them a cease and desist letter. Although, as soon as they sell your account, the game is back on. As a consumer you have rights though and don't feel bad about exercising those rights.

I find it easier just to turn off the ringer.

Here is what you can do if you want to fight them, though:

Is a debt collector calling? What can you do? What are your rights? The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) makes it illegal for debt collectors to use abusive, unfair, or deceptive practices when they collect debts. Here are some answers to frequently asked questions about your rights.

This is a government website ran by the Federal Trade Commission....not an advertisement or anything like that. .

Comment

Originally posted by papie View Post
        Especially bitter ex-wives, they love to give up that information.
        How about bitter new wives? LOL. Weve received calls for my husband's exwife (of 20 years) and her newest ex husband. I think that caller had to laugh when I said look, he doesn't live here and I have no idea where he is - he's my husbands exwifes newest exhusband. They laughed and said OK.

None have hit our cells, so I dont think she's received any calls for us!
        Filed ch 13 12/23/10; closed 3/14; refiled ch 7 on 4/13; 341 on 5/13; reaffirmation 7/11 (denied); 7/14/11 DISCHARGED

Comment

BK does wonders for stopping creditors from getting your numbers and contacting you.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X