top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sued in nickname-Use legal name-Did lawyer do background check?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sued in nickname-Use legal name-Did lawyer do background check?

Kind of like Bob is short for Robert. I have an unusal/long name and have always abbreviated it. Citibank is suing me under my abbreviated name. My paystubs are under my legal long name. I answer to either. My question is did he do a background check on my long name while running means test ( he told me dont hide information, and I am thinking he just wanted to make sure I was not working or having assets in my long name). Thank you for any insight.

I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. Do you mean did YOUR lawyer do a background check to see that Citibank was suing? Probably not, he most likely pulled your credit report which would show both names.
    Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

The reason I am asking is that my name appeared on a website without my knowledge. I was contacted by the board associated with the site on Thursday to verify the information. It had been on that site since April 2009. I did not know my name was there. Being with my court date only a week away , Iam getting that paranoid , everyone is out to get me reaction. I question the timing of the boards inquiry because my lawyer just got my paystubs which have my full name rather than nickname. I can not think of anyone else who would have reason to question the finding. I should also say that the site is one for lucritive professionals. I kind of think my lawyer ran my real name ,saw the info and called the board to see if it was real since the information was correct. I think and correct me if iam wrong-people try to hide their assets. Maybe while running the means test he wanted to make sure I was not making a lot of money under my legal and shall I say unusual name. I know , its the fear talking. Within the last few months with the shierff serving me DSS coming to door to investigate for abuse and now this-my nerves are on overdrive. Thanks for trying to understand.

Comment

Your lawyer probably pulled a credit report on you. They usually list AKAs. That's probably where you lawyer got your full long version name. Is that what you're asking?
        Pay no attention to anything I post. I graduated last in my class from a fly-by-night law school that no longer exists; I never studied or went to class; and I only post on internet forums when I'm too drunk to crawl away from the computer.

Comment

You'd be surprised just how often your name can pop up on a website. I really don't think it was your attorney trying to unearth some hidden asset though. As long as you were completely honest with your attorney about your income, no worries, right?
          Filed pro se, made it through the 341, discharged, Closed!!!

Comment

Yes I was completly honest. I think though he wanted to make sure I was not working in a lucrative profession. Up until last year I always used my abbreviated name. I switched legally and on my drivers licence to my long name. I think having my paystubs having my long name on them he questioned it. I can't think of anyone else who would have reason to call a licensing board based on some unofficial website, with info over a year old. Maybe it's all fear in my head. I just don't know anyone else who would know me as let's say "Sam" as opposed to "samerithia".

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X