Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question About Automatic Payments from my Checking

Hello all,

Several months ago Citibank decided to raise our interest rate to 29.99% for no apparent reason. We at this time were paying all our creditor on time. We worked out a deal with them to get it back down to our 8.9% for 12 months if we agreed to have our payment taken out by automatic deduction from our checking. In the mean time things got bad for us (losing hours at work, child care costs went up, and my ex stopped paying his child support) so we decided to file bankruptcy. I called Citibank and told them our intentions and asked for an address to mail a certified letter to stop the automatic payment. I mailed the letter over a month ago and received an online confirmation that it was received on Dec 6th at their offices. Yesterday I get a letter (like I got in previous months) letting me know they would be taking the automatic payment. Can they do this after I sent a certified letter? I don't have any money in that account but my bank says they if it comes through as a debit they will cover it even if I don't have overdraft protection and I will be in the negative. Anyone else have this happen and know what to do?

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X