top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does this work? If there is a mistake on the paperwork?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How does this work? If there is a mistake on the paperwork?

We had our "long meeting" with the attorney this past Tues. We went over all the forms, the budget etc...

The attorney said they had everything they needed and would prepare the forms and we'd come back this Wed. (day after tomorrow) and sign everything and file. He said it wouldn't take long at all to go over the prepared forms, 30ish minutes.

What am I looking for? I mean, do I bring a calculator and check the math? LOL (Only half joking. ) I know that he said he may move our budget items around a little bit. Probably knows what the trustee is looking for. I presume things like maybe putting the pet food in the grocery area. Stuff like that.

And IF there IS a mistake, then what? Do they correct it right there so it can get filed that day anyway?

I always feel so much better after talking and meeting with the attorney, then it wears off and a few days later after I've been alone with my own thoughts and worries, anxiety takes over.

Originally posted by JEM View Post
    And IF there IS a mistake, then what? Do they correct it right there so it can get filed that day anyway?
    I asked for some changes on "signing day" and it was a matter of the paralegal making the changes in the appropriate place(s) and re-printing it. They used Best Case software.

You are not alone in the worry and thinking department. My mind is a whirling dervish these days. I wish I could make myself not think and worry about this - but I can't. Hang in there!!
    ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
    Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

If you find mistakes before filing, they can make quick changes and still get you filed on time.

Please DO review everything carefully. Maybe ask for an advance copy -- they should be able send it via email so you have time to go over everything in detail. My attorney's office made some really dumb mistakes (address right, zip code wrong) and didn't give us a chance to check everything until after it was filed. You can still make changes after filing, but it's more difficult.
      DH laid off 3/08 | Last mortgage payment 12/09 | Filed Ch13 5/10 | Converted to Ch7 7/10 | 341 held 8/10 | AP filed by secured creditor 10/10 | Ch7 discharged & closed 11/10 | Foreclosure 10/2011

Comment

Reviewed everything today. It all looked "right" and good. I mean, I didn't check things like each creditors address and things like that....LOL, but other than THAT, I felt SO SO SO much better after leaving there today.

Exemptions were covered even better than I would have thought. I mean, they even "just to play it safe" exempted what could possibly be a refund NEXT year, 1/12 of taxes paid in so far for Jan.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X