Any issues 60 days post 341?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any issues 60 days post 341?

60 days after your 341 if nothing has been filed can there be any issues? 60 days was 1/24/11. Checked Pacer today and nothing has been filed. I am an asset case although the only asset was "blue sky" of a business that I already bought back. Creditors have until 3/1/11 to file a claim although the reality is the IRS has preference and will get it all. I actually filed a claim for them just to make sure they get it. So other than waiting for official discharge and closing can any other surprises come up?

Your case may remain open for a short time after the 60 days for a number of reasons (reaffirmation needing approval, backlog in the court clerk's office, things like that) but the 60 day deadline for creditors to object to anything is firm. The only other possibility I can think of would be the trustee raising an issue, but that is extremely unlikely. If there were potential issues from the trustee you would have known early in the process or at the 341. My discharge and closing were delayed for about 3 months above and beyond the 60 day mark because I had a couple reaffirmations requiring approval from the court, but there was no activity on my case during that 5 month interim. Once the court finally got around to approving my reaffirmations my case was discharged and closed immediately.

It should be smooth sailing from here.
    4/2010 - Filed Chapter 7 no asset case w/car reaffirm
    5/2010 - 341 meeting, no creditors present
    10/2010 - Reaffirm finally approved and case discharged the same day

Comment

Originally posted by nceguyfromne View Post
      Y..... The only other possibility I can think of would be the trustee raising an issue, but that is extremely unlikely.
      ......)
      Thanks for the reply. What I am actually wondering is what "issue" can a trustee raise after the 60 days is up and nothing has been filed.

Comment

Honestly I can't see the trustee raising any issues at all unless fraud is discovered. And I'm not talking about him pulling out your petition out of boredom and noticing a little mistake or deciding he doesn't like the $400/month you're budgeted for groceries. I'm talking about something like, you secretly transferred $20K to a friend before you filed, or something like that. Like I said, the trustee would have raised any objections already and you can expect smooth sailing from here. Congrats!
        4/2010 - Filed Chapter 7 no asset case w/car reaffirm
        5/2010 - 341 meeting, no creditors present
        10/2010 - Reaffirm finally approved and case discharged the same day

Comment

For instance, if they come upon proof of fraud they could and would reopen.
          ==================================
          Filed: 4-30-2010
          341 Complete: 6-16-2010
          Discharged and Closed 8/17/2010

Comment

Originally posted by Blueboy View Post
            For instance, if they come upon proof of fraud they could and would reopen.
            Well if that is the only reason I don't have to worry. I just wanted to make sure there is no other types of "surprises".

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X