top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blah. That was quick. Already locked out of paying mortgage online...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blah. That was quick. Already locked out of paying mortgage online...

Filed yesterday afternoon, today I go to set up February's payment online (thinking I may get it in before we get locked out), and it already pops up with the message that I cannot pay online to call CS.

Oh well.

Wow, don't you wish other things in life happened that fast Good to know, that will be us in the next few weeks.

Comment

Standard practice. Automatic stay rules are strict and they are covering their backsides. You can expect this with any online accounts related to payment of your debts. If you had set up automatic payments, they would technically be breaking the law if they continued processing them, even if you took no issue with it.
      4/2010 - Filed Chapter 7 no asset case w/car reaffirm
      5/2010 - 341 meeting, no creditors present
      10/2010 - Reaffirm finally approved and case discharged the same day

Comment

Originally posted by nceguyfromne View Post
        Standard practice. Automatic stay rules are strict and they are covering their backsides. You can expect this with any online accounts related to payment of your debts. If you had set up automatic payments, they would technically be breaking the law if they continued processing them, even if you took no issue with it.
        Yep. Our CU didn't freeze us, but online access is down. As is automated phone access. CU said it can be restored with a letter from the attorney though. The only thing we can't do is transfer money to make auto payment without going into a branch or calling their BK dept. No biggie there I guess.

Patiently waiting for attorney to call back, so they can get the letter faxed over today. He's good about calling back same day, so I hope this time isn't any different. LOL

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X