Update and a thank you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update and a thank you

Hey, everyone! I have been reading diligently but not posting much. We're in a holding pattern until February 9th, when we will go to the attorney's office and sign our papers to file Ch.7. I've been on this board for a long time, and I've learned so much from everyone. I know we're no where near the end, but I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has offered advice and been supportive.

In case it can be helpful to anyone else, I want to offer a recap of our situation:

My husband and I had a combined income of about 13k/month, and we overextended ourselves. Too much credit, thinking that everything would always be good. Talked to one attorney who said we had too much debt to file Ch.13 and too much income to file Ch.7, so we continued to limp along, did the Dave Ramsey plan, and made a considerable dent in our debt for a good year or so. And then I got sick. Docs thought I had Lupus, did lots of tests, then thought it was fibromyalgia, then Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. In the end, they found that I had a systemic infection that had settled in my joints. It took months for them to figure it out, and in the meantime, I had to stop working completely. So, our income dropped dramatically, and we were back to considering bk. In October, we stopped paying our mortgages (three of them) and all credit cards just to be able to make it from month to month without my income. We found an attorney who we trust (after interviewing three), and we are now set to file in a week. We are applying for a modification with our mortgage company, but we don't anticipate the 2nd or 3rd working with us or it working out, so we'll probably be foreclosed on after the bk is discharged (assuming all goes well).

I just wanted to share that even with complicated, difficult circumstances, it can work out. A few months ago, I came back to these boards and thought my whole world was ending. I was sick and getting different diagnosis, I didn't know if we'd pass the means test, didn't know if we'd get a judgement from the creditors, didn't know if we'd lose our house, lose our cars, just didn't know....And everyone on this forum (with only one exception) has been reassuring, understanding, and caring and helped me work through my questions and anxiety.

Like I said, we're not done yet, but this journey has been a lot easier because of the people on this forum, and I just wanted to say thank you!

WantMyPeace
    --------------------------------------------
    As you simplify your life, the laws of the universe will be simpler; solitude will not be solitude, poverty will not be poverty, nor weakness weakness. ~Henry David Thoreau

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X