The phone has stopped ringing!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The phone has stopped ringing!!

We filed Wed. And it did take till Sunday for the calls to stop. The lawyer thought that we would actually stop getting the calls within a day, but there were a few that kept calling, NCO and Creditors Exchange (I think that's who they were) and some Nationwide Credit.

But now, the phone is quiet.

One of God's little gifts for the stress you will endure once you have made your decision to start a "new start" with your financial life. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Ahhh....the sound of a silent phone....beautiful!
      Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
      New Job 7-2011

Comment

You will notice a "less full" mailbox as well.
        Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

Originally posted by andy158 View Post
          You will notice a "less full" mailbox as well.
          Lets hope so! LOL.

However, spoke too soon. I actually got a phone call today. From Creditor's Interchange. I answered and told them that we had actually filed almost a week ago. The dude on the phone said "Oh, it can take a month for the phone calls to stop". Umm ya. Not. I told him "Here's my attorney's name and number, contact him"

A month? I don't think so. LOL

Comment

Sweet. Good luck on the journey.
            All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
            Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Originally posted by JEM View Post
              We filed Wed. And it did take till Sunday for the calls to stop. The lawyer thought that we would actually stop getting the calls within a day, but there were a few that kept calling, NCO and Creditors Exchange (I think that's who they were) and some Nationwide Credit.

But now, the phone is quiet.
              This was one of my favorite parts about filing bk, making the phone stop and telling off any remaining creditors. I really let a few have it and then when they would tell me that we could work out a repayment plan (after they refused my repayment plan suggestions pre-bk), I would tell them off and then tell them, "you can talk to my attorney"

Comment

I was so looking forward to my phone being silent. Unfortunately, that never happened for me. My phone still rings ALL the time. Only now, it's telephone solicitors instead of collections. Just as bad.

Comment

Originally posted by jsofaz View Post
                  I was so looking forward to my phone being silent. Unfortunately, that never happened for me. My phone still rings ALL the time. Only now, it's telephone solicitors instead of collections. Just as bad.
                  Have you placed your phone number(s) on "do-not-call" list?

Good luck.
                  No person in their right mind files a Ch. 13 with lien strip pro se. I have.Therefore, please consider me insane and clinically certifiable when reading my posts, and DO NOT take them as legal advice of any kind.Thank you.

Comment

Yeah we filed two weeks ago and all calls have stopped, and less mail from collection agaencies. But now I am getting mail for credit card offers and car loans lol.
                    Filed 1/27/2011
                    341 3/28/2011

Comment

Originally posted by jsofaz View Post
                      Originally posted by shark66 View Post
                      Have you placed your phone number(s) on "do-not-call" list?

Good luck.
                      Register your phone number to report stop or block unwanted, annoying,telemarketing, spam calls, robocalls to the FTC
                      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

This was one of my favorite parts about filing bk, making the phone stop and telling off any remaining creditors. I really let a few have it and then when they would tell me that we could work out a repayment plan (after they refused my repayment plan suggestions pre-bk), I would tell them off and then tell them, "you can talk to my attorney"
                        This was one of my favorite parts about filing bk, too. My boyfriend even answered one of the calls that came through after my filing, and screamed so loudly at the persistent bill collector, "That he must have received a letter" you probably could have heard him at the next town over. LOL (It was a bank trying to claim that while Ms. X could go bankrupt, well the company owned by Ms. X must be separate.) I then happily told this collector, that my business was a single proprietorship, there was no corporation, and here was my case number and attorney's number.

Yes, this silence is definitely one of the best things.

Comment

What a rush to be empowered by the Automatic Stay issued by Uncle Sam. Enjoy the silence, and congrats on the filing!
                          Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X