How do Garnish work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do Garnish work

While look for a Bk Lawyer save some cash to pay, I know my Creditor will try to Garnish me, Will I have to go to Court and miss work or can I file papers. You see I am New and will hate to ask my Boss for a day off to Court ""it looks bad and I am a Temp who wants to stay. I make less then 154.50 so they may not be able to Garnish me,but you know they will try.

Your creditor must file a lawsuit against you if they intend to get their money. They must obtain a money judgment in civil court - then they can begin wage garnishment proceedings. That will take time. If you really owe the debt there is no reason to go to court. A default judgment will automatically be obtained by the creditor, but that is no different than a normal judgment which will happen anyway.
    It is not legal to garnish the wages of a person who makes so little money, so you really have nothing to worry about. Just keep any money you do have out of the bank if the creditor obtains a default judgment, because they will try to levy it.

Comment

So...... you get a judgment against you, your creditor attempts to garnish you, you make less than the required amount to be garnished. Your payroll department gets the paperwork to garnish, they fill the numbers in, the bottom line for the garnishment is $0.00, repeat for the remaining balance of 6 months. No big deal.
      All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
      Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X