What can I said to my Creditors while I look into finding a Bk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can I said to my Creditors while I look into finding a Bk

should i pay some a few bucks or keep the ringer off and delete my voice mail.. it is that bad

DO NOT PAY THEM! But, you should talk to them but put them off for some time. Do not admit to owing them anything. Do not tell them when you are getting paid or expecting money. Just keep repeating... "as I keep telling you, I'm having some problems right now and I don't know when I'll be able to deal with anything. I won't know anything for 4-6 weeks. Nothing is going to change in that time so call if you like, but you will receive the same answer."

Don't get into an argument with them. They might try the old "so, you're refusing to pay". You just repeat that above. Don't "discuss" the actual account or paying it. If you have to, tell them to "please open your ears, and listen. Nowhere did I mention the words refuse or pay." If they get irate, just hang up on them. No one should be yelling at ANYONE.
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Or do what I do....ignore their calls totally. Since i am a cell only household, I have either blocked the numbers and or saved them into my cell contacts but set their ringtone as "No Ring". My attorney states I can always just give them her name and phone number but when I have actually answered the calls on several occasions, there was just a recording. I also get voicemail and again....no human, just a recording. So "No Ring" ringtones for them - makes things a lot more peaceful until I file.

Comment

Wrong Forum. This is Bankruptcy & Credit News, only.
        “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by WhatMoney View Post
          Wrong Forum. This is Bankruptcy & Credit News, only.
          You may or may not be right. This forum is titled [General Bankruptcy Talk]. Pretty much covers anything I would think.

Comment

Originally posted by PhantomPain View Post
            You may or may not be right. This forum is titled [General Bankruptcy Talk]. Pretty much covers anything I would think.
            I moved this thread last night when I found it in the 'BK & Credit News' Forum, so you are both right.
            "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCat View Post
              I moved this thread last night when I found it in the 'BK & Credit News' Forum, so you are both right.
              Thanks! I was just trying to help someone out. I had no idea what forum it was in when I responded nor did I care.

Comment

Uh, my comment was for the Original Poster, not the repliers. I figured Cat or Flamingo would move it - I was just being grumpy.
                “When fascism comes to America, it’ll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross” — Sinclair Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by WhatMoney View Post
                  I was just being grumpy.
                  You.... grumpy? lol
                  All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
                  Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X