Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Becoming an Authorized user before discharge

I had my 341 meeting about a month ago and waiting for the dischage

I need a personal credit card for work travel. Work is paying for everything, I just need the card for a car rental hold, they do not accept debit cards. My parents offered to put me as an Authorized User on their card. Their credit card, Capitol One, is asking for my name, address, phone number, ss# to be an authorized user. My question is does that at all impact my discharge going through ok, and will it do anything to their credit?

Originally posted by Jay3238 View Post
    I had my 341 meeting about a month ago and waiting for the dischage

I need a personal credit card for work travel. Work is paying for everything, I just need the card for a car rental hold, they do not accept debit cards. My parents offered to put me as an Authorized User on their card. Their credit card, Capitol One, is asking for my name, address, phone number, ss# to be an authorized user. My question is does that at all impact my discharge going through ok, and will it do anything to their credit?
    you're just an Authorized User on their card ,so no it will not impact their credit or your discharge
    Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
    Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
    Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

The fact that they are asking you for an SSN makes me wonder whether they are really adding you as an authorized user or are making you a co account holder. I've been an authorized user on other accounts and have added an authorized user to my accounts, and a social security number was never required.
      LadyInTheRed is in the black!
      Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
      $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X