refiling bankruptcy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

refiling bankruptcy

Our attorney SCREWED up, and lost us our chapter 13 conversion so we could keep the house. Now the trustee is threatening to not even grant us our 7 discharge due to a "bad faith" filing. Which is bogus, we have been completely transparent..and have nothing to hide. We simply wanted to strip our liens and keep our home. Can we voluntarily dismiss the bk, and refile before home is foreclosed? I'm wondering if we have enough time.

Originally posted by Bizic View Post
    Our attorney SCREWED up, and lost us our chapter 13 conversion so we could keep the house. Now the trustee is threatening to not even grant us our 7 discharge due to a "bad faith" filing. Which is bogus, we have been completely transparent..and have nothing to hide. We simply wanted to strip our liens and keep our home. Can we voluntarily dismiss the bk, and refile before home is foreclosed? I'm wondering if we have enough time.
    no u cannot
    Filed chapter 7 on 9/17 341 on 10/20
    Chapter 7 Trustee's Report of No Distribution on 10/21
    Discharged and Case Closed on 12/21/2010

Comment

i think you can voluntarily dismiss a CH 13, but not a CH 7, sorry :-(
      Filed CH 13 September 17, 2007
      Plan Modified July 8, 2009 from $1100/month to $400/month due to change in income, finally discharged in July of 2013!

Comment

Once you file a chapter 7, it takes on a life of its own.
        All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
        Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X