Landlord Notification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landlord Notification

Since a lease is a current contact, it must be listed on your petition- at least that's what our attorney advised us. (Our attorney has made mistake after mistake so he could have been wrong on this too.) Our landlord is getting notifications as we go through a failed 7. I've explained the situation to them, and they knew we were homeowners losing our home before we rented, but I'm worried that all of this is going to scare them off when it comes to resigning our lease. Does anyone have any experience with this situation?

As long as you are paying on time and taking care of the property, you should have no problems. You are the "bird in the hand" for the landlord.
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

Thank you. We've been model tenants thus far (aside from all the BK notifications!) and are actually in a much better situation then we were previously. The cause of our financial trouble was a house with major undisclosed structural problems that cost us $30-40K over a period of 3 years. So we are definitely very happy to be living in, and taking care of, a property that is livable.

Thanks again.

Comment

I had the same issue come up when my landlord was notified of my bankruptcy. I assured him I would be good for the rent and I have been. It was embarrassing, though.
        Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
        New Job 7-2011

Comment

Originally posted by chicagoannie View Post
          It was embarrassing, though.
          It really is

Comment

I was leasing before filing and had to include my security deposit as an asset, and provide the name of the management company, etc. I did not include them on my mailing matrix since I did not owe anything and did not plan to break the lease. Never heard a peep. They were more than willing to keep up as tenants but we needed more space. Getting a new place was not a problem.
            Case Closed > 2/08/2010

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X