top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I made the paper today...I feel like an a@@.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made the paper today...I feel like an a@@.

The dreaded day is here. Our statewide newspaper listed our filing, and the phone has been ringing. I feel like hiding, but I have to go to work this afternoon. I can't get my makeup on because I keep crying and ruining it, and I know my husband is at work feeling awful already. I hope this is worth it, and I know it's a "business decision" but it doesn't feel good at all.
    Filed 1/31/11 341 3/2/11 Waiting for discharge........

Don't worry. You're just the talk until someone more interesting comes along. People have short memories........

Good luck and hold your head up!
    All information contained in this post is for informational and amusement purposes only.
    Bankruptcy is a process, not an event.......

Comment

If the paper is statewide, I'd imagine that list of names was pretty long. I wonder about the people who are reading that list each time and checking for people they know. A lot of people in this country are having serious financial issues, but you guys are actually doing something to fix it. Nothing to be ashamed about here. Those reading the paper like that probably have a long list of creditors hiding in their closets too. Hang in there and just remember that you've identified your problem and have taken appropriate steps to rectify it. I'd rather go through the "shame" of a bk than to keep living with insurmountable debt.

Comment

Jacey, I actually used to work at that paper, and unless things have changed for the better there (and it's a newspaper, so it's undoubtedly gotten worse) a lot of the employees there are also filing bankruptcy or near bankruptcy. Please don't feel you are alone. If nothing else, take a look at that long list of names and know that you're not the only one.

It's a shame that newspapers sometimes publish things like that. I've always thought so. It's an attitude of "We have the right to do it, so let's do it," without actually putting any thought into why to do it or whether it benefits anyone. I'm sorry that it's so hard for you. But this doesn't make you a bad person.

Comment

Anyone that would be a big enough jerk to call you and harass you after seeing your name in the paper is NOT someone you need to worry about. On the flip side, those calls may be from people concerned about you and your situation, so try to look at it that way and hold your head up high!
          Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
          New Job 7-2011

Comment

At least it wasn't the federal list of wanted felons! Those crack me up. Gee, lets see if anyone in the "most wanted "paper is living next to us. Let it roll off. Last yer there were 157 bk filings in my county alone. Don't know what the state number was, but it is irrelevent. Thing is you got past the hard part and now have a light at the end of the tunnel that isn't a freight train.

Best of luck.
            Filed July 2009. Discharged 08/08/2014. Awaiting closing. We made it !!!! Woo-hoo!

Comment

Dont worry about what others "think" - they just have nothing better to do other than be the town gossip You need to adopt that attitude and if they ask / question, then only you can decide to tell them your story or not; if they degrade you - well.. I cant post what I've told people LOL...

Comment

Due to my intelligence, keen fashion sense, and razor sharp wit, I've achieved almost god like status with people who know me...and I hereby deem you to be a wonderful person. Compared to that your local paper don't mean jack. Have a fantastic day!

Comment

Jacey, if anyone has the nerve to say something to you that isn't supportive, tell them that if Henry Ford hadn't filed bankruptcy TWICE, we would never have had the Model-T. Or, how about "if it's good enough for, Abraham Lincoln, Samuel Clemens, Walt Disney and General Motors, it's good enough for me." Or pick your favorite celebrity: http://www.law-margulies.com/CM/Bank...yArticles3.asp

Famous Bankruptcy Filers,Famous Bankruptcies,Celebrity Bankruptcies,Notable Individuals who Filed Bakruptcy, Personal Bankruptcy,R.J. Atkinson,represents individuals in Bankruptcy proceedings under Chapters 7, 11, & 13 of the United States Bankruptcy Code.Personal Bankruptcy Texas,Bankruptcy Law,Chapter 7 Bankruptcy, Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Chapter 13 Bankruptcy, Consumer Bankruptcy,Free Initial Consultation 800-436-9056

The busy bodies and cowards who gossip behind your back aren't worth worrying about.
                  LadyInTheRed is in the black!
                  Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
                  $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

A small price to pay for the reward ahead.
                    +125K Unsecured so far. Change your cellphone#, give all creditors your Google Voice#, and turn on the "do not disturb." Now enjoy the rest of your day . Thank you Chase: I deal with you last.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacey View Post
                      The dreaded day is here. Our statewide newspaper listed our filing, and the phone has been ringing. I feel like hiding, but I have to go to work this afternoon. I can't get my makeup on because I keep crying and ruining it, and I know my husband is at work feeling awful already. I hope this is worth it, and I know it's a "business decision" but it doesn't feel good at all.
                      I know it have to feel awful, please don't get yourself sick over it. The same people looking and talking might be in the same boat one day.

Comment

Thank you all so much for your comments. I know it had to be done, and I will feel that relief one day I hope. I know that my story is very typical, and that's a sad thing for the state of the American people. I will vote for the next person that runs on the platform of debt forgiveness and outlawing credit. I think the economy would recover much faster if all debt were erased and the big banks went down like they should have without a bailout. Let's start a political party and clean house.
                        Filed 1/31/11 341 3/2/11 Waiting for discharge........

Comment

Originally posted by Jacey View Post
                          Thank you all so much for your comments. I know it had to be done, and I will feel that relief one day I hope. I know that my story is very typical, and that's a sad thing for the state of the American people. I will vote for the next person that runs on the platform of debt forgiveness and outlawing credit. I think the economy would recover much faster if all debt were erased and the big banks went down like they should have without a bailout. Let's start a political party and clean house.
                          That would actually be easy -- get rid of all of the Republicans. They passed bankruptcy "reform" in 2005 to make it harder to file. They have stopped reforms to allow the commoner to cram down or strip their underwater mortgages -- although the rich can do it with their second homes, yachts etc. They have held anything that might help the commoner hostage until they got their tax cuts for the rich extended. The paper that publishes names of people who file for bankruptcy is probably a conservative paper that is just using another trick to keep the commoner an indentured servant. Don't fall for it. Hold your head up high. Bankruptcy is biblical -- tell "them" that.

Comment

Originally posted by msm859 View Post
                            The paper that publishes names of people who file for bankruptcy is probably a conservative paper that is just using another trick to keep the commoner an indentured servant.
                            Is it ever.

Comment

Originally posted by msm859 View Post
                              That would actually be easy -- get rid of all of the Republicans. They passed bankruptcy "reform" in 2005 to make it harder to file. They have stopped reforms to allow the commoner to cram down or strip their underwater mortgages -- although the rich can do it with their second homes, yachts etc. They have held anything that might help the commoner hostage until they got their tax cuts for the rich extended. The paper that publishes names of people who file for bankruptcy is probably a conservative paper that is just using another trick to keep the commoner an indentured servant. Don't fall for it. Hold your head up high. Bankruptcy is biblical -- tell "them" that.
                              Stopped paying CCs 1/10 | Stopped paying mortgages 2/10 | Interviewed attorneys 3/10-5/10 | Retained attorney 5/14/10 | Delivered paperwork to attorney 6/17/10 | Filed Ch7 7/9/10 | 341 8/16/10 | Objection Deadline 10/15/10 | DISCHARGED 10/20/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X