Sandals add shows on my bkforum page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sandals add shows on my bkforum page

I guess the cyber world hasn't figured out that someone who goes on bkforum daily isn't the best target for Sandals vacation advertisment

Originally posted by TPPRAP View Post
    I guess the cyber world hasn't figured out that someone who goes on bkforum daily isn't the best target for Sandals vacation advertisment
    For sure! However, here is how it works; with Google ads, your machine is analyzed (by IP address) and cookies as to where you live and what you have browsed about lately. For instance I live in Florida, I get local ads on my Google advertisers. If I take a vacation let's say to Tennessee, I will get thier local ads. If I have researched for let's say a Motel 6 reservation, I will get local motel ads. It is all done by Google very quickly. That is why when you post, your post won't show ads for some few minutes as Google has to get aroound to looking at this site again. Then the empty place gets filled by and by. Hope that confuses you enough. LOL. 'Hub
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Its the 'cookies' that are retained on your computer when you visit various sites on the web. You may have visited a site that is affiliated with Sandals. I researched a question about a fuse problem that I have with my Volvo, and was inundated after that with all kinds of Volvo ads. If you clear your cookies and browsing history, that should help matters. Remember that the sites visited ALSO retain a history of who has visited them and may or may not collect IP addresses.

ETA: 'Hub and I both have accounts with BKForum. But because 'Hub and I may visit other sites while perusing the forum, we can have totally different sets of ads--and here we are sitting side by side.
      Last edited by AngelinaCat; 02-12-2011, 08:20 AM.
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X