History of bankruptcy-

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

History of bankruptcy-

I'm studying colonial American history, and it's fun to see that BK was an issue even back in 1770, in fact it was an issue that may have prevented the ratification of the Constitution! It irks me to NO end when I hear average people thinking they are somehow less than human if they file BK, despite the billionaires and twisted greedy repuglicans filing it daily, and getting all the richer for it. Look at Trump. Wake UP people- in this country, it is a RIGHT you have to file BK, and there's many good reasons for it.

Actually the original bankruptcy laws are based from the Old Testament in the Book of Deuteronomy 15:1-2.

So any arguments about the code started 5000 years ago or so.
    Disclaimer: I am not an actor on TV, but I play a BK Paralegal in real life. Nothing I say should be construed as legal advice, or really anything but entertainment. Please seek out professional help.

Comment

I'm referring to the American legal right to file, which in any case is ancient, and should cause anyone in distress to realize it's old news and to get over it, and not to even consider living in angst when we have a right to move onward.

Comment

Originally posted by DaddyDavid View Post
        Look at Trump.
        Right on, brother.
        There are two secrets for success in life:
        1.) Never tell everything you know.

Comment

Originally posted by DaddyDavid View Post
          I'm referring to the American legal right to file, which in any case is ancient, and should cause anyone in distress to realize it's old news and to get over it, and not to even consider living in angst when we have a right to move onward.
          I totally agree. No one likes a penicillin shot, but it makes you well in the end. So, bk is a penicillin shot to heal head and heart, and teaches us a bit of a lesson. That is: Become self reliant, and indenture yourself to no man. It is an ultimate freedom. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

There is one small and extremely wealthy Middle Eastern Emirate (Bahrain, maybe?) where, if you do not pay your debts, you are incarcerated until you settle up, with no chance of getting out until you do. That goes for anyone on the soil, no matter where they are from. Not to worry, though - everyone there is a multi-millionaire.
            In a free society, banking and credit would not be possible without allowing for bankruptcy. Things can never go as planned 100 percent of the time.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X