Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditors didn't waste any time

Missed my first credit card payments on 12 Feb, calls started on 14th of
    Feb. I get about 10 a day now. Between 8 am right up to 9 pm. I can hardly wait until all of them are over due. Calls go into voice mail after one ring. They don't leave any messages ....yet. With my luck I am problaby one of the guys who will get sued right away. Owe, Bank of America, USAA, US Bank and Chase my favorite.

ahhhh....i so understand! it take s them no time at all doesn't it??

well...we didn't get sued by any...of those and b of a...chase...usaa and a few others...none sued since we told them we retained an atty and asap would be filing bk....hahah....we waited 2 years but it seemed to have held them off.

we also got call blocking for the phone..it helped although ONE of us in this family just LOVED to mess with them..he had one collector in tears...(true story!).

i know it doesn't seem like it now, but it will all go away...you just need to hold on and turn off the phone..
    8/4/2008 MAKE SURE AND VISIT Tobee's Blogs! http://www.bkforum.com/blog.php?32727-tobee43 and all are welcome to bk forum's Florida State Questions and Answers on BK http://www.bkforum.com/group.php?groupid=9

Comment

Welcome to the not-so-dark-side...Most of us have been through the same thing..life will go on and things will get better..
      Wait until you see your statements, they will jack up the interest rate to 29%!
      I recommend Tylenol PM and start blocking those numbers.
      Don't take life too seriously, you won't get out alive.

Comment

Oh, and then you'll get some great letters, eventually (took them 6 months for me) saying they have 'such a deal' if you'll pay your credit card in full, they might even offer it to you. HELLO -anyone home at those places?

I love the one that says, to my answering machine, if you are not so&so, hang up. There is a pause and then, okay-you must be so&so. It goes on to say this is an attempt to collect a debt so forth and so on. They've always managed to call when I'm not home but today I caught them just in time when they said, if you are not so&so and I picked up the receiver and disconnected the call. Wonder what they'll do next? Thankfully my attorney will be filing within the next two weeks he believes, as I had everything they needed - thanks to all you wonderful folks!
        Last edited by discouraged; 02-18-2011, 05:18 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

I store each number in my cell contacts and set their ring tone to "No Ring". My phone lights up all day long but I hear nothing. Pretty amusing.

Comment

And don't buy the "protect your credit rating, call us today" b.s. either. Chase and Citi sent me those love notes, but they dinged my report at 30 days out....60 days....90 days.....120 days....
            Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Comment

How long does it take to file from the time you have your atty???

Comment

I'm not sure. My attorney said I had everything together but it took me a week to do all the gathering of paperwork, copying, going through my house to make sure I included all assets, etc. Then they have to do their paperwork. I think it's pretty individualized with each attorney but since I've never done this before, I really don't know.

Any guru's out there to answer this?

Comment

Depends on the time you drop off your packet and your attorney's review to put your filing together. My attorney asked for two weeks to review and to put the schedules together. Then you review them, your attorney makes any corrections, and you sign them. It took the court 3 days from when I signed the schedules until my case number was assigned in BK Court.
                  Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Comment

We held out about 11 months before getting sued. (Citi) They filed suit in October and we didn't file for Ch7 until January.

Comment

Originally posted by discouraged View Post
                      I'm not sure. My attorney said I had everything together but it took me a week to do all the gathering of paperwork, copying, going through my house to make sure I included all assets, etc. Then they have to do their paperwork. I think it's pretty individualized with each attorney but since I've never done this before, I really don't know.

Any guru's out there to answer this?
                      Our attorney asked for a week from the time we dropped off all of our paperwork. The day that you turn in your paperwork, he has you spend a few hours going over EVERYTHING you bring him, so that they can make sure they have everything they need. A week later we went in and went over all the final prepared paperwork in his office (about an hour and a half). Nothing needed correcting in our case, So we signed there and it was filed that day. Late in the afternoon we got a call from the attorney's office with our case # and date of the 341.

Comment

Originally posted by Texian View Post
                        How long does it take to file from the time you have your atty???
                        Believe it or not - it took our attorney 6 weeks to file! Hope it's not that long for you. Depends on how busy of an office I'm sure.

Comment

My favorite was Chiti......I had that card for around 15 years - never had missed a payment. I was two days late with one payment, and they sent me a letter a couple of weeks later saying they were dropping my credit limit to about $50 over what my balance was. By the time I got the statement, the interest charges alone put me over the limit....which of course triggered the default rate of 29.99% (where I had been paying 7.99%). Needless to say, within 30 days the same thing happened with every other card.

I had already been contemplating bankruptcy due to medical bills from a stroke before that happened. That pretty well took me out of the 'conemplating' phase and put me into the "ok, time to look for a lawyer" stage. I never paid another credit card bill after that.
                          Filed: 6/30/2010
                          341: 7/26/2010
                          Discharged: 10/6/2010

Comment

My creditors had my cell phone as their contact number. Some had old numbers that were no longer good. When I saw a out of town number I would not answer (kept phone on vibrate so I didn't keep hearing it). I would look the number up on the internet and save it with name.

I ignored them for about a month. Last week, after hiring my atty, I answered them one at a time and told them I was filing 13 and gave lawyer's name/number. They were all friendly. Phone has stopped ringing now. Hang in there!

Comment

Originally posted by DYLAN150 View Post
                              Missed my first credit card payments on 12 Feb, calls started on 14th of
                              Feb. I get about 10 a day now. Between 8 am right up to 9 pm. I can hardly wait until all of them are over due. Calls go into voice mail after one ring. They don't leave any messages ....yet. With my luck I am problaby one of the guys who will get sued right away. Owe, Bank of America, USAA, US Bank and Chase my favorite.
                              You will probably get called a half dozen times or so a day by each of them soon enough. If you are thinking about going bk, then don't pay these creditors and start saving your money. You will need it for filing bk, the lawyers cost, etc. Also start stockpiling items including grocery supplies, etc. If your car is going to need any repairs, do it with that money. Pay up your car insurance in advance, etc.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X