Advice needed re: "Detainer" on my public record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice needed re: "Detainer" on my public record

So I had some free time yesterday and was bopping around cyberland looking random stuff up on the internet and I looked myself up on a site offering info on public records. Nothing on me except my BK and something called a "detainer."

I do not have the money to access this info but I googled Detainer and it pertains to my last house rental. I did leave owing my landlord approx 1 month's rent. Long story short, it was a "friendly" situation where I could not afford to renew my lease due to job loss and I had to stay another 22 days in order to find another house. I signed some kind of judgment paperwork saying I owed the money so none of us had to go to court - I just moved out on the agreed upon date, left the house in perfect order (the total amount due to the LL ended up being reduced as they credited my security deposit to the rent owed and thanked me for leaving the house spotless and without damage.)

I intend to be in in my current rental home until I can buy a house again, so there will be no issue with a future landlord seeing this detainer on my record. I just don't like it being there! And I worry about a future employer seeing something questionable about me.

So my question is - I included the money due to the LL in my BK...can I do something to get this "detainer" removed? I was never contacted by anyone or advised in any way I would have this detainer thing. Can I move to "vacate" it as one would with a judgment discharged in bankruptcy?
    Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
    New Job 7-2011

Anyone?

And...if I cannot get this detainer removed, does it "fall off" my record after 7 years? Help?
    Filed Ch 7 Pro Se 11-18-2010 341 Meeting 12-16-2010 Discharged 2-15-2011
    New Job 7-2011

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X