top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Starting the BK process but just got a promotion!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting the BK process but just got a promotion!?!?

First post and would like to thank all here with the great information provided on these forums.

We have met with an attorney and taken the means test. We hope to have our rough draft meeting soon to go over the Debtor's forms and formulate a plan. I've submitted our past 2 tax returns and 6 months of pay stubs for both me and my wife as well. It does appear that we will be filing Ch. 13 due to our income. I've just found out at work though that I am getting a promotion along with an 11% raise. That is of course terrific news but how will something like this affect our situation aside from showing an increase in disposable income?

Originally posted by BKdan View Post
    First post and would like to thank all here with the great information provided on these forums.

We have met with an attorney and taken the means test. We hope to have our rough draft meeting soon to go over the Debtor's forms and formulate a plan. I've submitted our past 2 tax returns and 6 months of pay stubs for both me and my wife as well. It does appear that we will be filing Ch. 13 due to our income. I've just found out at work though that I am getting a promotion along with an 11% raise. That is of course terrific news but how will something like this affect our situation aside from showing an increase in disposable income?
    It won't have any affect other than the increase in disposable income. What you may want to do though is hold off on filing until your raise kicks in, and then have your attorney use your new accurate income. Good luck to you.
    Filed Chapter 13 02/2006 - Confirmed 05/2006 - Discharged 09/2011
    I'm not an attorney. My replies are merely suggestions or observations, not legal advice. As always, consult with an attorney before making any decisions.

Comment

Thanks for the reply newbie2. It's pretty strange when you have mixed feelings about getting a raise.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X