Bye, Bye BOA and Amex!..Relieved...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bye, Bye BOA and Amex!..Relieved...

Last week, I received a nice letter from BOA stating that they received my petition for bankruptcy and were lowering my limit to $2,500 (It was only $2,800). I received the account closure letter from Amex and then a few days later, I guess BOA changed their minds because they closed my account, too!

Is it weird that I am relieved? They are not the cause of our bankruptcy and had we not had to file, they would have still been paid every month ontime. However, I think I'm relieved because I know have one less stress...and one less temptation...It feels like another step to our new credit-free life.
    Jen
    "...and how is it that bankruptcy is considered an "easy" way out by some???"

Your feelings are not weird at all....You're letting go....enjoy!
    Chapter 7 filed 10/8/10...341 Meeting 12/6/10....Discharged 2/16/2011....Case Closed! 3/1/2011

Comment

I was surprised to hear they lowered your limit after receiving the notice. Most just cancel off the bat.

Comment

They probably just crossed in the mail. Those rude bastards probably thought they were handing you a slap in the face by lowering your limit, but you showed them by filing your petition and telling them where they can take their lower limit, interest rates, fees, and BS. GOOD FOR YOU! Chalk up another one for the little guy!
        Filed Ch. 7 11/8/10: Survived 341 Meeting 12/13/10 Report of No Distribution!! 12/14/10Received UST Presumption of Abuse!! 12/15/10 UST states Dismissal is Inappropriate! DISHARGED!! 2/22/11

Comment

great

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X