credit card and idenity theft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

credit card and idenity theft

Our lawyer's secretary called a few days ago and said someone ran up a credit card bill of $7000 and it was in my name and my social security number. This happened in Arizona. I told them it wasn't me as we haven't left Missouri in almost 30 years. She said they would handle it. I got a copy of some paperwork I'm assuming they are sending to the BK court and the trustee saying that it wasn't me and fraud has been committed. Also the letter had my wife's name on it too. We never had any of our credit cards with both our names on them. I'm wondering if the credit card people can still try to sue us for the money. Obviously we had nothing to do with this so it isn't listed with our real credit cards. This person has to have a physical address somewhere in Arizona for the credit card company to give them the credit card. We don't even know anyone in Arizona. Although the debt settlement company that we were going through before we decided to do the BK was located in Arizona, and they of course had ALL our info so they could work with the credit cards for us. Not saying it is them but it does seem strange.

Not that it helps in your situation or gives you any answers, but I heard on the radio today that there is a town in Colorado in which every single adult has been a victim of identity theft. The town bank has frozen all of the accounts while they try to sort out what happened. They suspect rogue swiping devices at places like gas stations or grocery stores. Whatever it was, it took a lot of planning for someone to pull off. Just goes to show how sophisticated and how bold thieves can be.
    OK - from now on it's not a "Bankruptcy." It's a "Weight Loss Program." I'm in. Sign me up.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X