2 questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 questions

I filed chapter 7 today. 2 questions: (1) how do I get a Pacer account; (2) how do I send a Suggestion of Bankruptcy to the court and opposing attorney? Are there templates available? Thanks.

I can only answer one - look at the sticky's above your post and you will see the ultimate pacer guide. Everyone does warn though that you have to be careful so it doesn't cost much, if anything. Some of the pros who use it all the time will jump in I'm sure.

Comment

For the suggestion of bankruptcy, this is State specific. There may be a form already at your local court. Contact the Clerk of the Court for your local courts and ask them. It may be as simple as "filing" your notice of bankruptcy with that Court; or it could require that and a "suggestion of bankruptcy".
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Our attorney did this for us. There wasn't an extra charge for it.

Comment

i searched online for pacer and then created an account. just make sure u read how to use it so you do not search and get too many pages and pay a huge fee. for the bankruptcy... as soon as it was filed, i got the petition papers in the mail from the court itself within a few days. i just used that to send to anyone i thought needed it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X