Inexpensive Online Filing ONLY - No Preparation or Consulting Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inexpensive Online Filing ONLY - No Preparation or Consulting Needed

So I mailed my petition in and the clerk called and told me I was lacking Application for Fee Waiver and Verification of Matrix. I used software to complete the petition and reviewed it in depth before sending it; I am positive the waiver was overlooked, however the Verification I am unfamiliar with and do not recall seeing it. Furthermore, I looked on the forms page at US Courts and no form was listed.

I am looking for an online service that offers filing only or will offer me a discount for already having the petition completed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    William

Such a service does not exist.

Or, more accurately, not in the way you want to use it. Document Prep is pretty much a standard price and there will be no discount for already having done it.

Go to your BK court website (google Bankruptcy for the District of _________________ <your state>), Note, some states have multiple districts, but it is pretty easy to figure out.

They will usually have the forms you need.

Comment

What district in TN are you in? There are usually Local Court rules that must be followed. For instance in the middle district of TN, the Matrix Rules are as follows:

LBR1007-2 Mailing Matrix
      All petitions shall include a matrix of the names and mailing addresses, including zip codes, of all entities who should receive notice of the bankruptcy case. The matrix shall be in the form prescribed in the “Matrix Guidelines” in Appendix A.

MATRIX GUIDELINES
      The matrix shall be one column wide and shall be saved and uploaded as a TXT file.
      The case number shall be on the first line followed by a blank line.
      Each entry shall be no less than three lines (name line and at least two address lines), and each
      line shall be no more than 40 characters.
      The debtor’s name and address shall be listed as the first entry. Joint debtors shall be listed
      separately, as the first and second entries.
      Use only widely accepted state, street, building, and directional abbreviations.
      Do not use the letter “o” in place of zero or the letter “l” in place of one.
      When both street numbers and post office box numbers are given, use only post office box
      numbers.
      Governmental offices are entered with city, state or county first: Davidson County General Sessions Court.

SAMPLE MATRIX

07-06003

SHEILA LOIS JOHNSON
      102 CLEAR SPRINGS RD
      MURFREESBORO TN 37130

WILLIAM M. ATTORNEY
      18 PUBLIC STATION RD
      NASHVILLE TN 37206

ASSOCIATES FINANCIAL SVCS
      PO BOX 1106
      NASHVILLE TN 37228-1106

TN ATTY GENERAL’S OFFICE BANKR DIV
      ATTN: TN DEPT OF REVENUE
      PO BOX 20207
      NASHVILLE TN 37202-0207

If snail mailed, I would presume the matrix would need to be on a media storage device of some type.

I hope this was helpful - some of the gurus hopefully can add on. Good luck!

ETA: Eastern TN local Rules here: http://www.tneb.uscourts.gov/pdf/ref...ocal_rules.pdf
      Ah ha!! There is info about a verification requirement on Page 1.

Western TN local rules here: http://www.tnwb.uscourts.gov/Web/ban...les/LRules.pdf
      Last edited by ValleYum; 03-13-2011, 07:07 AM.
      ~~ Filed Over Median Income Chapter 7: 12/17/2010 ~~ 341 Held: 1/12/2011 ~~ Discharged: 03/16/2011 ~~
      Not an attorney - just an opinionated woman.

Comment

A verification is a statement under penalty of perjury that the contents of a document is true. When I googled "Tennessee verification of matrix", many results were lists of forms that are included in BK forms software. So check your software again to make sure it doesn't include the form. If it doesn't, you can create your own. You can find sample emergency filings that included a matrix verification at http://www.doityourselfdocuments.com...kruptcy_Courts. For example, the verification for the Eastern district is at page 10 of the following PDF file: http://www.doityourselfdocuments.com.../etnSample.pdf
        LadyInTheRed is in the black!
        Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
        $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Agreed on checking local court website. I filed pro se but no software, and it took me awhile to get all necessary forms. Fortunately my local court had great directions for pro se filers.
          A fresh start is a beautiful thing. And I'm not an attorney, just opinionated!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X