payment to HSBC/Household mort during Ch 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

payment to HSBC/Household mort during Ch 13

YOU WILL NOT BELIEVE THIS guys - I sent my 2nd post petition payment to the PO Box at HSBC - via Priority mail WITH signature requested.

The mailman naturally puts it into - drumroll - Toyota's PO box - and of course the as*wipes at Toyota ACH the check.

Just got off with bank - they'll call me back shortly - I pray they can put a stop/reverse this so I can at least get a check to HSBC tomorrow. I am on the edge, seriously.

This is INSANE. Who the heck else does this happen to? On top of everything, it's a PO Pre-printed label, all nice and neat.

And then Toyota cashes a check made payable to someone else, with an acct no that doesn't exist w/in Toyota.

I can't replace this money...I'm speechless...utterly speechless at the absolute crap that this world is.

Good grief, what a mess! Do you even have a Toyota account? I'd be on the phone with the highest person (i.e., District/Regional) to let them know whats happened and how are they going to fix it today since your mortgage payment was due XXX and they cashed a check not payable to them.

As to the stop payment /reversal - be prepared that it may take a while to be able to pull from those funds again. An entire circus evolves when you do that, especially since it was ACH'd and payable to other than Toyota - they do an full investigation before its available to you.

Hopefully you'll get this straightened out today and be able to get your mortgage paid.

Comment

God I tell you I keep saying WHO ELSE WOULD THIS HAPPEN TO?

My bank (small) called me back just now, and said they put a stop on the ACH, and it WILL be back in my account tomorrow. I asked the guy are you ABSOLUTELY!!! sure, as I have to replace the mort payment....so I am taking a leap of faith and phoning in a payment as late in the PM as possible today.

Paralegal said she doesn't think they'll take phone payment - else I'll fedex it to their STREET address - which of course will cost me another $20 bucks or so...

Now I'm paranoid again, as I'm wondering if I have to drive to Memphis to hand-deliver my Trustee payment?! Why in the heck can't it go to their local office or to a street address.

This is the SECOND time the post office misdelivers EXPENSIVE mail.

What the heck is going on? NEVER EVER has this happened to me before.

I think I'm done...

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
      Good grief, what a mess! Do you even have a Toyota account? I'd be on the phone with the highest person (i.e., District/Regional) to let them know whats happened and how are they going to fix it today since your mortgage payment was due XXX and they cashed a check not payable to them.

As to the stop payment /reversal - be prepared that it may take a while to be able to pull from those funds again. An entire circus evolves when you do that, especially since it was ACH'd and payable to other than Toyota - they do an full investigation before its available to you.

Hopefully you'll get this straightened out today and be able to get your mortgage paid.

Comment

Hang in there IamOld . Thats great that your bank will allow you to use the funds immediately as most times they dont, maybe its because its a small hometown bank vs. large one.

If its the same P. office that has misdelivered twice - then maybe you should be calling the head Post Master and let him/her know whats transpiring and what will they be doing to fix the situation. I'd definitely use a different post office if at all possible for future mailings. Also, double check to ensure that your carrier is allowed to leave items at a P.O. box that is marked for signature; generally signature confirmation items should not be left at PO Boxes - only a notecard stating there is an item that requires signature and must be picked up at the PO or scheduled for re-delivery. It's a waste of your money if its not being done that way.

Are your payments going to their BK / Loss Mit departments? Generally once you file, thats where all payments go - which is a different address than what normally gets sent to.

Comment

THANKS!!!! Pandora - I'm trying I'm trying. I have to keep saying to myself - why would local bank manager tell me this if it weren't true :-)

re Post office - actually they were both mailed from and went to different PO Boxes.

First was FIRST payment to Trustee via EXPRESS!!! Mail - instead of Memphis, it was sent to St Louis first. (So this weekend I will finally apply to get my money back from post office).

Second was USPS Priority Mail (yes with signature requested which may have been my error) mailed from work - different city!!! - and was going to Carol Stream, IL PO Box for HSBC. Here the screwup was at the post office there.

So from now on, I'm sending HSBC to their physical address OR if I can pay by phone, will just call them up on the 1st and make a payment by phone (if they let me)...

I may ask if I can pay at an HSBC branch, but that sounds like trouble on the other hand.

Originally posted by Pandora View Post
          Hang in there IamOld . Thats great that your bank will allow you to use the funds immediately as most times they dont, maybe its because its a small hometown bank vs. large one.

If its the same P. office that has misdelivered twice - then maybe you should be calling the head Post Master and let him/her know whats transpiring and what will they be doing to fix the situation. I'd definitely use a different post office if at all possible for future mailings. Also, double check to ensure that your carrier is allowed to leave items at a P.O. box that is marked for signature; generally signature confirmation items should not be left at PO Boxes - only a notecard stating there is an item that requires signature and must be picked up at the PO or scheduled for re-delivery. It's a waste of your money if its not being done that way.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X