top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody dealt with Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody dealt with Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA?

I filed a chapter 7 BK on January 8, 2013, had my creditor meeting on February 19, 2013, of course nobody showed up, was done in about 5 minutes. I received a letter form the trustee about a week later telling me the wanted any tax refund of $4800, and of course they then turned my case from no asset to an asset case. I provided the trutee with a cashiers check once I received my refund. I heard nothing more until I received an letter from Weltman, Weinberg & Reis Co., LPA, they are represent DB Servicing who is Discover Card. They were contesting some charges on my card and some cash advances, all made in the prior 90 days, roughly $9400.

I did not know about this forum when I filed, and my attorney did not guide me very well. But that being said, I knew that Discover Card might pose some issues, per the what they call cash advances, but were actually balance transfers. I wanted to review my purchases so my attorney aske for copies of my credit card statments, it took them about a week to get them to my attorney.

I know that I am leaving quite a bit out here, but bottom line the money was used for basic necessities, food, gas, mortgage payments etc. I continued to make all payments, in fact at the time of filing I had a 790 FICO and have never missed or been late on a payment with any of my creditors. I work on a commission basis, but am employed, I also do consulting work, and had an agreement in place, that would have paid me $10K, thus I advanced the money from Discover to get me by until I received the money on the consultation work. Well I did my part, but the company said the don't have the cash to pay me, but want to provide me leads for my business instead. I filed BK 3 days later as this sunk me.

On Friday April 19, 2013, we had never heard anything from WWR, so I asked my attorney if we should just wait, this was day 59 after my creditor meeting. He told me it was risky and I should make them an offer to settle, after what I have read on this forum, I did not like that idea, but allowed him to make them an offer. I never heard back from my attorney, I anxiously watched on PACER as the clock hit midnight on April 20, 2013, only to my dismy to find that my attorney had told me wrong. He told me my discharge date was April 22, 2013 which is of course today, but the last day to challenge the dischargeability by my creditors was April 20, 2013. Turns out that because day 60 fell on a Saturday that it rolls to the next business day.

Sorry for the book, but here I sit on April 22, 2013, the day I have dreamed of for my as my discharge date, I have no word form my attorney if he rearched WWR, if they have countered or ignored us, I don't know if the will file an AP. And just looking for guidance as my attorney seems to have taken the day off. So as the headline states, just trying to get information on the lawfirm representing Discover Card.

One more thing, what is the cutoff time to file a claim, is it midnight?

Thanks for listening.

A quick update, my lawyer made them an offer, they asked for an extension to review, he asked them to file put it in writing and file a request with the courts. They emailed my attorney some paperwork the day after the filing deadline and never did file with the courts. My attorney says to late I am done, they are SOL. I can't really comment on my experience with this law firm, other than to say I wish my attorney had not made them an offer, but he did and somebody at law firm messed up and left $3000 on the table, kind of weird, but I am glad it worked out in my favor.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X