Creditors request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creditors request

Saw on Pacer this morning that there's a creditors request of notice filed. It's not one from my matrix but a place called Atlas Creditor. What does this mean? Thanks@

Nothing to worry about. I got those also filed on my case. Just a creditor that probably bought some of your debt. Wants to get notice of your filing.
    chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

That's good to know. I thought another bomb was going to fall on my head..lol

Comment

Originally posted by TRfromillino View Post
        Saw on Pacer this morning that there's a creditors request of notice filed. It's not one from my matrix but a place called Atlas Creditor. What does this mean? Thanks@
        There are even Junk Debt Buyers of Bankruptcy debt. It would be interesting to see how much they pay for it. This company filed on my BK right after I filed. The account numbers were from a CC debt.

Comment

We had this happen to us just this week, too. Atlas Acquisitions filed a notice on our case, indicating that they were a creditor assignee of a creditor we had listed. I suspect, in our case, the reason it's there is because the creditor we had listed is out of business and in bankruptcy themselves. Maybe... but that's just a guess. I have no idea why anyone would want to buy debt that's in an active bankruptcy case...especially that all but guaranteed to be discharged. I suppose they just want to be kept in the loop so they keep their records updated... but it just deems crazy to me that anyone would actually want to buy that kind of debt.

Comment

I had some random junk debt attorney file one on my case as well. Never heard of him before and couldn't figure out which debt he thought he was attached to. I just ignored it because it had no effect on me.
            Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X