Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is hope...

Hello all.

So much has happened since the last time I posted, I just wanted to share with you because it's almost too good to be true. Got a great job with a large European-owned company. No credit check, only criminal background, employment and education verification. Even got approved for a corporate credit card! Also before I accepted this position, I had been offered another one at a smaller company and had passed that background check too.

I think that there are companies out there that are moving away from this credit-checking nonsense. The important thing is never give up!
    Filed Chapter 7 Oct. 2010
    Discharged Jan. 21, 2011

Congratulations!

Companies may be giving less weight to credit checks. After all, with all the BKs in the last few years, they would eliminate a lot of excellent candidates. But, I think a lot of the fear over credit checks for employment is overblown by those who try to scare people away from bankruptcy: "You'll never get credit or a good job again!!". I think I have heard of one bkforum member who didn't get a job because of their BK. Most report that it wasn't an issue.

Thanks for sharing your post-bk successes and offering encouragement. You are a perfect example that the horror stories about how bankruptcy will ruin your life are simply not true.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Congratulations from me as well! Getting a good job in this economy is a major feat.

May I ask your age? I am 60, and though well qualified, I have been passed over for five good FT jobs that I have applied for. I do have to say that I am in a county in our state that is very poor. I also do not have the option of moving. I can relocate on a temporary basis, but not permanently.

Thanks!
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Sorry to hear that Angelina. I was 49 when I was hired, just turned 50 (ugh!). I work in a heavily regulated industry and they follow anti-discrimination laws to the letter. I dont think the people making hiring decisions are even allowed to see your birthdate.

Wish you best of luck!
        Discharged Jan. 21, 2011

Comment

I just accepted a new position and will start on Oct. 21st and I still get nervous about the BK being on my record...My credit is much better today then it was back when I filed but that BK is always looming to make me nervous
          Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

Don't worry too much about it...congratulations!
            Discharged Jan. 21, 2011

Comment

Thanks, I appreciate that.....

Originally posted by rkg2004 View Post
              Don't worry too much about it...congratulations!
              Chapter 7 filed 11/4/10 ---- 341 Meeting 12/1/10 ---- Discharge 1/31/2011.

Comment

The face of business is constantly changing. At one time companies provided pensions and retirement, and people often stayed at these companies their entire lives. The typical worker, today, has had an average of 5 different jobs in their lifetime. Companies are more interested in a person's ability to think creatively and solve problems in order to move the company forward. A credit check doesn't accurately reflect a person's ability to perform. Even insurance companies have moved away from allowing this factor to weigh so heavily in their pricing structure. The future of business is only going to continue to change, and the expectations of employees will follow suit.
                Advertising link in signature not allowed per forum rules.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X