No announcement yet.

Trustee said we missed a dealine...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We think everything went pretty easy in the end. had our 341 this week. We were called last, and at the end it was just us and the trustee in the room. Ours was the quickest of them all that session. We were actually kind of scared because the case before us was also a pro se case and he was all over them -- it was really uncomfortable. When he got to us, he asked us most of the same basic stuff, but nothing specific except where we got the forms to file. He closed it out and after shutting off the recorder said that the papers we filed were better organized and formatted than most he sees including from attorneys. He said he wished us the very best of luck...which he didn't say to anyone else. Ours was definitely the fastest of all the ones we sat through.

Comment

Trustees love it when a no-asset Chapter 7 case is "easy", "organized" and doesn't require them to expend time and money attempting to figure out the Debtor's true financial picture. I have had both my Chapter 13 and Chapter 7 Trustees, along with several prominent debtor attorneys, compliment me as well. I continue to say that bankruptcy is a highly technical type of court proceeding and if you are organized, and show deference to the Court and Trustees, then you will sail though.

I too, as a Pro Se, was surprised that I was asked nothing outside the standard questions in both 341 Meetings!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

Congratulations! Welcome to the 60 Day Club.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X