Unemployment and the BK Process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unemployment and the BK Process

When I went to a BK attorney three yrs ago he told me it didn't matter if I got a job after filing BK. I found that strange. Now I am interviewing attorneys again and I heard it again.
    I am scared to death that I am missing something. Wouldn't the trustee care if I got a job ? I know its a stretch in this economy and with my credit situation.

Any ideas?

No, it doesn't make a difference if you get a job after filing a Chapter 7. If you get a job after filing a Chapter 13, your payments to the trustee may be adjusted.

Comment

Originally posted by jellybeans26 View Post
      When I went to a BK attorney three yrs ago he told me it didn't matter if I got a job after filing BK. I found that strange. Now I am interviewing attorneys again and I heard it again.
      I am scared to death that I am missing something. Wouldn't the trustee care if I got a job ? I know its a stretch in this economy and with my credit situation.

Any ideas?
      You should be the one who cares if you have a job. You have to be able to support yourself post bk. Frankly, I'd be placing far more emphasis on job hunting than filing bk. Bk is always an option. Get a basic safety net in place and be sure you can support yourself before you file.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X