Start a Job in one week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start a Job in one week

I had came on the forum about a year ago and was advised not to file BK because I had low income. There was no income/ property creditors could take from me. I got a job offer and it starts in a week. Immediately I want to set up payment arrangements for my student loans that have been defaulted. I still need to file BK. I don't make enough money to pay my back debt and pay my bills that are going to start. I know the means tests goes by the last 6 months so I know I will qualify for Chapter 7. I wanted to know is there a certain amount of time that I should wait to file after the job? It will take a month to month and half to raise the money for an attorney. Also I know live with my parents and I would want to move on my own...me filing BK would hinder me in what type of way in regards to moving out. A longer waiting period to be able to do so, etc. Thanks for all the help in advance.

Congrats on the job.
    You file for bk when it will benefit you the most.
    The means test is just step 1. You still must fill out schedules I and J that are forward looking as to income and expenses.
    Will your salary put you over the median? Will you need a rental expense and other attendant expenses to help pass the means test?

Comment

No I will still pass the means test regardless. Thank you.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X