Odd Mortgage Reporting After BK7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odd Mortgage Reporting After BK7

I've been discharged from BK7 two years ago this month. Our house was included in the BK7 and we did not reaffirm. We have never been late and have continued to make voluntary payments which is stated on our monthly statements. Only exception we did not make payments during the BK7 process.

Here's the odd thing about the mortgage. Our loan was taken over by major lender in 2007. However, they never reported the loan or our payments to the credit reporting agencies. They never reported the loan as BK7 discharged.

Now all of a sudden the loan showed up on my credit report as a new account opened in 2007 and never late. My Credit Score jumped 24 points and my Vantage Score jumped 56 points (762).

Any comments or suggestions? I'm thinking of just leaving things the way they are and enjoy the jump in credit score points?

Well it looks like only good things came of it, so I would leave it alone.

I wonder if there is a rule they were following in waiting to report the mortgage to the credit agencies?
    11/23/'10-filed ch 13. 1/6/'11-341, confirmed. Below median. Plan completed 11/30/2015. DISSCHARGED 4/4/2016.JP

Comment

Yup I agree to leave it alone. Sounds like someone there may have mis-coded the tradeline. They could correct at any time so just be prepared for that. But i said let that sleeping dog lie.

Comment

Update on my original post above. Citi has now removed the account from my credit report. Nothing negative just removed it. This dropped my advantage score 35 points. Guess its because I don't have a mortgage reporting on my credit file.

Questing if I decide to walk away will there be anything reported to the credit reporting agencies? I did not reaffirm the mortgage and have been making voluntary payments. This was cheaper than paying rent in my area.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X