Question about Foreclosure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about Foreclosure

My wife and I came out of chapter 7 in 2010. We included our house in the bankruptcy. Four years later our name is still on the mortgage (BoA ) but we haven't made a payment on the house since 2010. Our son lived there free for nearly 5 years and has recently moved out into his own home. My question is, do we have to look after the yard/garden, cut the grass etc at the property now it is completely abandoned?

You are in Florida so it is possible that you are in an HOA. Even if you are not in an HOA, your local community/town/county could charge fines for failure to maintain your property. You will need to look specifically at whether you are in an HOA or a municipality and what the rules are.

You may also want to see what the lender is doing about foreclosing. You may also talk to some property management companies to think about the possibility of renting the property! (Even if you don't make much of a "profit" from renting, at least it is maintained.)
    Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
    Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

To add: Cities and municipalities ofter add charges and fines for yard maintenance, etc to the property tax. Depending on how the home is eventually taken out of your name, those taxes and fines may or may not be your responsibility. In an HOA situation, this is almost guaranteed to be an expense you can be held responsible for.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X