Forget Google Voice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forget Google Voice

I stopped paying all my unsecured credit in June, so of course I have started getting all the calls. My plan was to set up the Google Voice that all of the great posters on here have suggested . But first I tried just rejecting the call on my phone.... Worked like a charm.. I have a Samsung Galaxy 4 and when a new call from a number that I don't recognize comes in I just reject it and from then on out it doesn't ring through on my phone. They can still leave a message so they know that they have reached the right person.. It works like a charm..... Thank Goodness...because I am getting 10-15 calls a day lol

I stopped paying my card in late 2009. Ga has a statue of limitations of 6 years. I have around 16 months to go. I still have my same number and never receive calls. I did the first 6 months, then no calls for a year. once it started again I asked the collection company for their address. I sent them a Cease & Desist Letter telling them to no longer contact me by phone and that was the last I ever heard from them

Comment

There are apps that will block the calls. When I say block I mean the caller will automatically be sent to voicemail and most telemarketers or bill collectors won't leave messages. You could also try changing your voicemail prompt to something generic that doesn't have your name.

Several years ago I was getting phone calls from a bill collector for someone else. Usually they'd call during the day when I didn't have my phone out, but one time I actually took the call and told them they'd been calling the wrong number for six months and they stopped calling. I guess you could always tell them they have a wrong number and see if it works. This is one reason why I don't often give creditors my phone number. I figure they can always send a letter, but most of the time they'll just use the phone number to either try to sell you something or harass you.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X