Got my first credit card offer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got my first credit card offer...

Two years and four months after CH7 discharge. Is that a sign that my credit is improving? I have zero intention of doing anything with it. My wife started getting credit card offers the day after our discharge came in the mail (her credit was better than mine to begin with). She probably gets them once a month-we just tear them up. Luckily we both have steady jobs now and have been living a cash only lifestyle since we began our strategic default on our cards nearly three years ago. Though we're not planning on getting back on the hamster wheel anytime soon, we will eventually need things like a car loan (not for another few years) and a mortgage as the value of our current home is finally flirting with the break even point. Anyway, I just found it curious. I haven't pulled our credit reports in over a year so I suppose we're do for another check. Needless to say, we wouldn't be where we are today had I not found this site-in fact, I shudder to think where we'd be...

If you're contemplating getting a mortgage, it would be advantageous to have some positive tradelines like a credit card reporting. Older is better.

If I hadn't found this site, I'd probably be in a chapter 13 I couldn't afford.
    Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X