That was fast - court date already!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That was fast - court date already!!

One week ago I was so worried about moving forward with filing the Bankruptcy - guilt was eating me alive. I came here and got excellent suggestions, I gave the OK and it was filed on Monday. Yesterday (Saturday) my court date came in the mail with a date set for September. I had no idea that things moved so quickly. Other than family and friends - the phone seems strangely quiet now. It feels so weird - like a relationship has ended or something . The good thing is - how quickly the automatic stay really works!!

Next stop: preparation for the meeting of the Creditors. Thanks so much for creating this forum!

Good luck with the 341 meeting! Although I had to wait 3 months for my 341 meeting, mine was short, sweet and uneventful, though we had to fix the projected future income as a result. I started telling creditors a few weeks before I filed that I retained an attorney and that stopped most of the phone calls. It is a relief to not get calls anymore and generally, life is better after filing....and if I should get a credit card after I complete my plan, I'm getting using my Google Voice number on the credit application!

Comment

The relationship has ended! You sent a "no contact" (temporary restraining order) to them by filing!

Best wishes!
      Chapter 7 (No Asset/Non-Consumer) Filed (Pro Se) 7/08 (converted from Chapter 13 - 2/10)
      Visit My BKForum Blog: justbroke's Blog

Any advice provided is not legal advice, but simply the musings of a fellow bankrupt.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X