Just pulled the trigger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just pulled the trigger

FINALLY!!!! I just got back from attorneys office signing the papers for my chapter 7. I have a strange sense of relief. He put my mind to rest about a couple of the problems that I thought I would have (it is funny how the things that I was concerned about, was really no concern at all).. Now to just wait for the next couple of milestones to get through. Wish me luck

We felt the same way. The phone stopped ringing. We did stress over the 341 meeting. All I can say the people on this board were right we were in and out quickly and 60 days from then we were closed and discharged.

2015 will be all about a fresh start for you.

Pam

Comment

It was a relief to me as well. I no longer felt like I was a hamster spinning the wheel; I was actually going somewhere now.

You'll get notice of the 341 meeting date and time soon. If you're OCD, you can check PACER to find out the quickest.
      Chapter 7, above median, no asset. Discharged with no UST involvement.

Comment

Congratulations on taking that BIG step.
        "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

I too noticed immimmediate relief. Congratulations on taking the first step.

Comment

Relief and a sense of control for the first time in a LONG time. Also the realization that this was all a business decision for the future of our family. With that also came the incredible feeling of "hey, this is our choice and we are 100% in control of where want to go from here", very enlightening and freeing to say the least.

You work so hard and so long to try to keep things up and pay, you do everything you can including wiping out savings, dipping into (or in our case using it all to SAVE our home) retirement etc. just to make the banks/creditors happy and satisfied (who are not your friends when you lose that job or have that medical emergency and can't work etc.) that you hurt the people that matter most, YOU!!!! When you finally see it from the business angle it is an epiphany to say the least.

Your future is in YOUR hands now and you truly have a fresh start on the horizon. Good luck and make good choices!

Comment

Oddly enough my Credit Karma credit score went up by 25 points (575 to 600) after they realized I filed for BK.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X