??? about post 341 life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

??? about post 341 life

1. How long AFTER THE 341 mtg is it reasonable to expect to get a discharge assuming there are no abnormal delays for any reasons? Is it 30, 60 or 90 days? I know its different by every court but I'm asking for an AVERAGE?

2. How long after the discharge should I wait to apply for a post discharge secured credit card? I'm eager to start rebuilding my credit

3. After the 341 meeting, what is really happening in the background while I wait for the discharge papers? I mean is anyone checking into my past, looking through my bankstatements, checking online for the jobs I applied for? My question is what is taking place behind he screnes that I need to be aware of?

4. I'm running really low on funds, is it ok to get a bs part time job while I wait out the discharge?

1. It's at least 60 days (by law), but it can be longer, depending on case load and other circumstances.

2. You should check your credit reports after discharge to make sure everything is fine before starting building up your credit. Here's an article about how to build your credit after BK: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Bank...s/td-p/1384075

3. Don't know.

4. By all means yes, get a job. The bankruptcy court doesn't care about what you do after you file bankruptcy (you can literally get a million dollar a year job right after filing and still get approved), so you should have been actively looking for work/taking any work you can find the day after you filed.

Comment

#3) The creditors have 60 days following the "Meeting of the Creditors" (that's what the 341 hearing is -- an opportunity for the creditors to appear and ask questions) -- this is where the "required by law part noted above comes in to play. The trustee will review the bank statements that you are required to submit during this time.

As long as you've been forthright and have not tried to hide assets and your paperwork is in order, you should be fine.
      Don
      Filed Pro Se on 8/4/11 (No Asset, Chapter 7)
      Redeemed Automobile ProSe (722 Redemption),Discharged on 11/3/11

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X