341 meeting in 90 minutes -- one question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 meeting in 90 minutes -- one question

I'm nervous, but not as nervous as I would be without all the info. from this board! I don't expect any surprises, but it's still nervewracking to be questioned under oath about your finances, even when you have nothing to hide. I'm hoping I am not first, so I can watch a few other people go before me. I have my license, SS card, and change for parking. My attorney says my Trustee is "very easy to work with."

Question: since I am an asset case (I have to "buyback" my car that I own free and clear from the Trustee, due to FL's low $1000 car exemption), in that time period between discharge and case closed, am I under any scrutiny? Anything I should/shouldn't do? I have NO plans for loans, credit cards (except maybe a secured card with low, low limit to rebuild credit, but I'm honestly not even thinking about that right now), or anything stupid….I am fully embracing this cash-only lifestyle -- but besides any inheritance, I'm not watched for anything, correct? So when I get those magical words "discharged," should I feel the huge sigh of relief that non-asset cases have after the 60 days because I'm done and it's over, or is "case closed" what I need to see before I feel free? I am thinking that between discharge and case closed, it's just behind-the-scenes stuff of distribution, but it doesn't affect me at all and no one even cares about me anymore, LOL. Correct?

Leaving the house in 30 minutes!!

I hope your 341 went well.

The fact that you are an asset case shouldn't put your discharge in jeopardy in anyway. The only thing that will be different during your 60 days than if you had no assets is that you may be negotiating with the trustee regarding the buy back. Other than that, you can go about life as usual. Just don`t sell any assets without talking to your attorney. That's true for everybody in the 60 day club.
    LadyInTheRed is in the black!
    Filed Chap 13 April 2010. Discharged May 2015.
    $143,000 in debt discharged for $36,500, including attorneys fees. Money well spent!

Comment

Also, for the "case closed" ending to it, I called the court and asked how much longer it would be before they closed the case. They said, "oh, it's been discharged." But I knew to ask when it would be CLOSED; they ended up closing it that day. The next day my attorney got the notice and emailed it to me.

Don't know how much longer it would have sat around if I had not called.

Comment

So I guess I'm still confused…once I am discharged, I am done? Everything that you're not supposed to do during the 60 days, once I am discharged I am free? Even if case is still not closed? I am not planning on anything besides paying back a family member that I want to voluntarily repay. Maybe getting a pre-paid credit card at some point. I won't do any of that until after discharge, but any problems doing this after discharge, but before "case closed?" That's the kind of thing I am talking about.

341 went well. My attorney had already negotiated the buyback price of the car before the 341, so at the meeting yesterday I just signed the agreement to repay. My attorney has been great and very pro-active. I like that all the negotiating was done beforehand, and I was very happy with the price agreed upon. One guy before me at the 341 was drilled, and he has to return in a few weeks to try again. But I only got the standard questions and was dismissed after only a few minutes. The Trustee even cracked a small joke with me. It was really easy.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X